WEIGHING IN -- 37" Grabber Red Label v. 37" BFG Baja T/A (DOT)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me first off start with a disclaimer. I am not 100% sure these are the exact weights. I used my bathroom scale and am pretty certain it's close to accurate. The scale sensors are on each side so I had to block the sides up to weigh the tires. I weighed myself once while standing on the blocks and once without the blocks and the weight was the same in both scenarios.

Both tires are new and have 0 miles.

DSC00880.jpg

37 X 12.5 R17 General Grabber Red Label - Non DOT: 87.8 lbs
DSC00886.jpg

37 X 12.5 R17 BFG Baja T/A (Project Tread) - DOT: 75.0 lbs.
DSC00885.jpg

I knew the Grabber was going to be heavier but that's a significant amount of weight for two comparably sized tires.

Last edited:

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have 35" Grabbers on mine, and there was a truck with 37" Baja T/A KRT's in my shop which are 13.5" wide. While taking them off, I'm figuring a load of weight. I need to always prepare myself to take off my 35's. To my surprise, these 37's were feather weights compared to my Grabbers. Grabbers are just really thick rubber, compared to Baja T/A's being Kevlar. What a difference!

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some good info right there. Just have to let us know how the T/A s compare to the grabbers.

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a soft spot for those BFG Bajas. I kind of regret the Toyos already and they are not even on the truck.