Watch A Ford 6.2 Boss Engine Which Now Measures 460ci Scream At 8,500 RPM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What block are they based off of? Will they fit in the engine compartment? If so, would custom parts be required to mount? (engine mounts, bellhousing, accessory drive, etc.)

The other problem with options like this is that most of us still want to be able to drive on the street (legally) and need to be able to pass state inspections to do so. I'm not sure how that would be possible if you weren't using the factory computer.

If nobody is going to really go after the 6.2 market then maybe it's time to start thinking about an LS swap. There, I finally said it.

If you started with an aluminum block, you'd save a bunch of weight over stock, which is something our trucks really need, and LS motors make tons of power.

The de-tuned Trophy Engines at Patton are based on Ford Racing aluminum tall deck small blocks. Engine mounts, and possibly a transmission plate, would likely have to be fabricated which is not a big deal.

No emissions testing where I live...so it will get driven on the street.

Someone is going after the 6.2 market...as the video is a testament to...how aggressively is a different matter.

I'm not touching that LS comment...but I would don your flame suit if I were you...blasphemy! :ROFLJest:

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would rather see them make a RELIABLE 429in 7.0L out of the 6.2L and still be able to throw a whipple on top and be able to hit it with 15-20lbs boost and get around 1000hp. Granted that is if there's enough cylinder wall between cylinders left to hit it with that much boost.

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What block are they based off of? Will they fit in the engine compartment? If so, would custom parts be required to mount? (engine mounts, bellhousing, accessory drive, etc.)

The other problem with options like this is that most of us still want to be able to drive on the street (legally) and need to be able to pass state inspections to do so. I'm not sure how that would be possible if you weren't using the factory computer.

If nobody is going to really go after the 6.2 market then maybe it's time to start thinking about an LS swap. There, I finally said it.

If you started with an aluminum block, you'd save a bunch of weight over stock, which is something our trucks really need, and LS motors make tons of power.

Ah men. It works well in Fox Mustangs. .. makes those heaps run amazing times.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be looking pretty hard at an ls swap in about 40,000kms more on my 6.2.
The lighter weight and better packaging is a huge deal for anybody that's moving beyond the bolt on suspension stuff. Pushing the engine back in the truck and lighter overall weight will reap huge rewards in handling manners, never mind the healthy aftermarket and potential for power development.

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be looking pretty hard at an ls swap in about 40,000kms more on my 6.2.
The lighter weight and better packaging is a huge deal for anybody that's moving beyond the bolt on suspension stuff. Pushing the engine back in the truck and lighter overall weight will reap huge rewards in handling manners, never mind the healthy aftermarket and potential for power development.

:supergay:

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You might be a little biased, lol.

Personally, I could care less about brand names. It's lighter, more compact, and can make more power.
Anybody that's built a few "max effort" cars will tell you, it's easy to make power with anything, it just costs money. The factors that aren't as easily influenced are weight and size.
It would be much easier to slap a blower on the 6.2 and call it a day, but the ls swap would make it faster off-road, which is what I care about.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mentioned an LS swap earlier. I'd personally love to swap in an LS7 with ported heads and a nasty cam. I need to stay street legal, though, and I don't know how to make that work with emissions testing.