Ugh.....Oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seartrip

Reaction score
Mine also developed the oil pan leak. Nothing major, but definitely wet and leaking oil. I noticed it around 5k miles and have about 7k on it now.

Took it in and had the oil pan replaced. Took an extra day as they wanted the sealant to fully cure. Repair order said a guide pin cracked off the pan, and a pan bolt had to be extracted. In my case sounds like an assembly issue, perhaps over torqued the pan bolts.

Hoping it's fixed but will keep an eye on it and post back.

17lbraptor

Reaction score
6600 miles May build date and mine has developed a leak as well. Does anyone in the Northern Va area that has had this resolved mind sharing what dealership they used? Thanks. I also am thinking mine just started as I have been checking constantly. I am wondering if the cold weather and drastic temp swings created more expansion contraction and expedited the leak now versus summer.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Nice thing is that the 17/18 owners are getting free oil changes each time the plastic pan needs replaced.

Last edited:

17lbraptor

Reaction score
Mine also developed the oil pan leak. Nothing major, but definitely wet and leaking oil. I noticed it around 5k miles and have about 7k on it now.

Took it in and had the oil pan replaced. Took an extra day as they wanted the sealant to fully cure. Repair order said a guide pin cracked off the pan, and a pan bolt had to be extracted. In my case sounds like an assembly issue, perhaps over torqued the pan bolts.

Hoping it's fixed but will keep an eye on it and post back.

Thanks hopefully this fixed the issue!!!

sea2jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer, Hamonnasett Ford, reused my old oil when they changed my pan.

QUOTE=MGD;1228447]Nice thing is that the 17/18 owners are getting free oil changes each time the plastic pan needs replaced.[/QUOTE]

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score

QUOTE=MGD;1228447]Nice thing is that the 17/18 owners are getting free oil changes each time the plastic pan needs replaced.
[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? I hope not that would be saving what like $30?

17lbraptor

Reaction score
Just picked mine up. Below is the service ticket. They originally said the front diff would not be removed. When I picked up they I was told ford and the service manual called for removing the diff for proper installation of oil pan. Could this be the reason some are having repeat issues? Just trying to help out. I hope mine does not leak.

Attachments

• F302CC5E-611A-43D3-A490-BA7AD2E915A6.jpg
    F302CC5E-611A-43D3-A490-BA7AD2E915A6.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 90

17lbraptor

Reaction score

QUOTE=MGD;1228447]Nice thing is that the 17/18 owners are getting free oil changes each time the plastic pan needs replaced.
[/QUOTE]

That’s really bad. Ford even pays them for the oil. My dealer said the oil filter is not covered but they replaced anyway at my request. I would be worried about contamination. Maybe go back and have them replace it. Show them my invoice. My dealer seemed really on it and professional even keeping it parked overnight in a heated engine bay to cure with the cold outside temps. Thought that was a nice touch they did not have to do.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

Same thing happen to me. At that time my truck had about 2000 miles. They said the oil was fine and there was no need to change it. They could have at least called me asking if I wanted an oil change.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

That’s really bad. Ford even pays them for the oil. My dealer said the oil filter is not covered but they replaced anyway at my request. I would be worried about contamination. Maybe go back and have them replace it. Show them my invoice. My dealer seemed really on it and professional even keeping it parked overnight in a heated engine bay to cure with the cold outside temps. Thought that was a nice touch they did not have to do.[/QUOTE]

Thats great service. I didnt buy the truck from where I got the service. They had the pan done in 3 hours and pushed it out the door. no fu$ks given about dry time.