Ugh.....Oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This is an exceedingly rare condition. Most owners won’t have the issue.

Aesconde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers are not replacing plastic pans with metal pans under warranty. Someone here had experience with this and dealer would have had to charge them for metal one. The swap to metal is fairly extensive.

Not true. Dealer replaced my plastic pan with a metal pan when they installed my new engine under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to change my oil today @ 12,000 miles (I change it every 4K) and found I have the dreaded leak from the oil pan. Decided not to do the oil change and ill just bring it to the dealer this week. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed in a few days. Pulled the dip stick and I am about 1/2 quart down from normal.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to change my oil today @ 12,000 miles (I change it every 4K) and found I have the dreaded leak from the oil pan. Decided not to do the oil change and ill just bring it to the dealer this week. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed in a few days. Pulled the dip stick and I am about 1/2 quart down from normal.

It took three attempts to get it sealed in my case. I have posts earlier in this thread, including exactly how it was successfully fixed for me. If you follow that approach, I think you can get it done in one attempt. The dealer won't prefer to do it that way, because it takes about 3 days.

Hope it goes well for you!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

I’ll bet the words “national back order” come into the conversation with your service advisor.
Good luck!