Tuner / Warranty / Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 5 star and SVC and prefer SVC. Tons of posts on this here. Doesn't matter if you remove the tune or not, Ford can tell it was on there. Also multiple posts on this but I haven't seen it come up recently. You'll have to look back.

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious as to how ford would know u had an aftermarket warranty voiding tune on your vehicle? And not just multiple dealer installed flashes or frpp tuning etc. now I do realize like I said before ford will use anything obvious to deny a warranty claim. I just can't imagine a tech checking to see if ur vehicle has been "tuned" and using that info to debunk a warranty claim. Unless u make it real obvious by showing up with the tune and/or tuner still installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Curious as to how ford would know u had an aftermarket warranty voiding tune on your vehicle? And not just multiple dealer installed flashes or frpp tuning etc. now I do realize like I said before ford will use anything obvious to deny a warranty claim. I just can't imagine a tech checking to see if ur vehicle has been "tuned" and using that info to debunk a warranty claim. Unless u make it real obvious by showing up with the tune and/or tuner still installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has been folks on here that had engine issues (something with a cylinder) and he had his tune off but they found it and he was denied. Now of course if you bring it in for something not engine related then I doubt the tune question will ever come up.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@merrylandspeed is having a sale on deobldeablo tuner that is what I have I like it defanent seat dyno I'd ask your ford dealer if they are mod friendly tell them what your plans are and go form there. If it's a safe tune and your not over doing it should be ok. I have basically an eco tune 361 rwhp

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a tune on my truck when I took it in after my rear pinion let go. Never asked any questions. Stamped it warranty and Ford picked up the $2000 tab. Might depend on the dealer, I don't really know. I imagine tranny or block work is a different story. These tunes aren't really meant to **** up your truck either. My 5* 93 performance doesn't shift hard or anything. Makes the truck run better IMHO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I really cannot believe that very many people will ever use their warranty. I never did. I tuned the 1st week I got the truck new, and supercharged less than a year later. These trucks are well made, but sure there could be issues. I bet 5% of owners ever use their warranty. What I can tell you is the factory tune is COMPLETE garbage, just like the factory supercharged tune from Whipple. They do it to protect themselves from liability. I totally get it, but understand if you do not get a custom tune and change some things you are driving around half a truck! And not giving these beasts the ability to really show what they are made of. Throttle response, shift points, low end power, don't be fooled! There is NO comparison. I have had 3 extended warranties on 3 different cars. NEVER AGAIN. It is a total racket! Sorry for those of you who got one. You will probably never use it, it makes you drive around babying the vehicle, and the money you spent on it could have been used to really do something to make the truck much better(CAI, exhaust, and a tune at a minimum) I just cannot sugarcoat it. The factory tune is a travesty to the performance of these vehicles. Its like driving a tank around with a glass bumper. Or flying a fighter jet and only using 1 engine, when you have 2. I am not saying you need to do what I, and others have done(which is push it to the limit), but these trucks were made tough as shit, with the idea of using them to their fullest capability. The liberal ******** then scared FORD into putting all these ridiculous restrictions on them. My truck has close to 90k in it, and yesterday I drove it over downed trees into a mud pit and got her stuck at my ranch that my buddy said there was no way I would get 10 feet(fun as shit by the way, pulled it out with a tractor). I was 20 feet from making it through the entire 1/4 mile bog. But that is what you buy these trucks for, to do what others cannot. Your selling yourself and the truck short by driving around babying it with that joke of a factory tune on it. Trust in the product and all the guys on here who have already tried every mod possible, and enjoy your purchase for what it was made for. You gotta let the most bad ass factory truck made loose. Get the tune and more, and never look back. Sorry for the rant!

D

Deleted member 12951

Man I really cannot believe that very many people will ever use their warranty. I never did. I tuned the 1st week I got the truck new, and supercharged less than a year later. These trucks are well made, but sure there could be issues. I bet 5% of owners ever use their warranty. What I can tell you is the factory tune is COMPLETE garbage, just like the factory supercharged tune from Whipple. They do it to protect themselves from liability. I totally get it, but understand if you do not get a custom tune and change some things you are driving around half a truck! And not giving these beasts the ability to really show what they are made of. Throttle response, shift points, low end power, don't be fooled! There is NO comparison. I have had 3 extended warranties on 3 different cars. NEVER AGAIN. It is a total racket! Sorry for those of you who got one. You will probably never use it, it makes you drive around babying the vehicle, and the money you spent on it could have been used to really do something to make the truck much better(CAI, exhaust, and a tune at a minimum) I just cannot sugarcoat it. The factory tune is a travesty to the performance of these vehicles. Its like driving a tank around with a glass bumper. Or flying a fighter jet and only using 1 engine, when you have 2. I am not saying you need to do what I, and others have done(which is push it to the limit), but these trucks were made tough as shit, with the idea of using them to their fullest capability. The liberal ******** then scared FORD into putting all these ridiculous restrictions on them. My truck has close to 90k in it, and yesterday I drove it over downed trees into a mud pit and got her stuck at my ranch that my buddy said there was no way I would get 10 feet(fun as shit by the way, pulled it out with a tractor). I was 20 feet from making it through the entire 1/4 mile bog. But that is what you buy these trucks for, to do what others cannot. Your selling yourself and the truck short by driving around babying it with that joke of a factory tune on it. Trust in the product and all the guys on here who have already tried every mod possible, and enjoy your purchase for what it was made for. You gotta let the most bad ass factory truck made loose. Get the tune and more, and never look back. Sorry for the rant!

So what you are saying is you would recommend a tune? :hidesbehindsofa: