Aftermarket/extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought 2018 SCREW 802A with 60k Miles 2 years ago, came with Aftermarket/extended warranty. Currently at 115k miles This is about to expire in about 2k miles not sure if I should extend it or not. Those of you with high milage trucks are you worried about something breaking down? I already sent through moonroof issues at 70k miles, Replaced rear fox shocks at 80k miles, Cam phasers at 100k miles.

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on how much an extension would cost....and what it would cover...

Seems like you've already the major issues for that gen that occur in the first 150k...or so...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you’re keeping the truck 100% stock, there’s a very small use case for an aftermarket warranty. Like any insurance, they will automatically balk at any major expense, and hold you to the exact terms of the contract, so you will need to have all maintenance records, probably from before the warranty period begins as well. if / when a hard part or major component goes - turbo, transfer case, transmission, motor part requiring a tear down, they may not pay for the tear down or they may offer to reimburse if the repair is covered, which it won’t be unless you’re willing to fight them for a few months. Time is on their side while you’re without your vehicle.

I would only do it for a purely stock vehicle I had meticulous records for and it was NOT my only vehicle to use. That way, you can negate their main tactic: Delay, delay, delay.
Ford’s ESP is much less of a PITA to deal with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter