GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over 1 month and still haven't received a DORA or order number. Dealer says that the truck has been ordered but when I ask for confirmation it's been silent. They've already cashed my $5k deposit ... any chance they're jerking me around here?

I get that their allocation may not be here til early next year, hence guidance of being 5 months out, but I'm kind of skpetical that they've even placed the order to await the allocation. Not gonna be a big fan of essentially giving a $5k interest free loan if it turns out the truck won't be ready then

Did you get a sheet from the dealer that says “preview order...” in the upper left corner that breaks down the options and prices on the options? If you did, the order number is the number after it says preview order. My sheet said “Preview order R20P”. If they gave you nothing I would stop by the dealership and bypass your salesman and start at the sales manager (if they have one) and work your way up to the general manager if they won’t give you at least the order number, dealer number and confirm the order was entered with your name. With those three things you can bypass the dealership and get on to Ford Performance Chat and they will tell you the status of your order. Ford performance will probably tell you that your order is “unscheduled clean” until about a month before the truck is produced. At that point they will tell you the production week. When you get that get with your dealership because they should be able to give you the VIN number. Ford performance won’t give that to you. About a week or so before the truck is built you should be able to get your window sticker off of the “Researchmaniacs.com” site.

Sorry about rambling on, if your dealership won’t at least give you the “preview order” or DORA I would shake the dealership tree until something falls out or look into getting your money back and finding another dealer.

Good Luck!

whan

Reaction score
Thanks guys, finally just got the VOC after contacting dealer again - so progress has been made

Thanks for the tips Helopilot - didn't get the preview order actually, but now that I have the order number least I can try to track down via Ford Performance.

Last edited:

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, finally just got the VOC after contacting dealer again - so progress has been made

Thanks for the tips Helopilot - didn't get the preview order actually, but now that I have the order number least I can try to track down via Ford Performance.

Ford Performance gave me a delivery estimate of November 15-21st. I just got a call from my salesman telling me my truck came in this morning and is waiting for me. Of course I just got in to south Florida and am about to get on a cruise liner until the 26th. Nine months waiting and it shows up on the first day of vacation, shit! Here’s to the end of vacation!:Stupid Me:

whan

Reaction score
Haha of course, now you'll just be thinking about the truck instead all vacation...

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Performance gave me a delivery estimate of November 15-21st. I just got a call from my salesman telling me my truck came in this morning and is waiting for me. Of course I just got in to south Florida and am about to get on a cruise liner until the 26th. Nine months waiting and it shows up on the first day of vacation, shit! Here’s to the end of vacation!:Stupid Me:

Vacations always seem to fly by....not this one. :ROFLJest:

Dont worry, it's worth the wait!

jmrdmd

Reaction score
Hi All
What is the appropriate lead time on new orders?
Thanks
Jan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mcallister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All
What is the appropriate lead time on new orders?
Thanks
Jan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered my 18 super crew in the middle of October and I have a build week of January 15th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 10/8
VIN Received 11/20
Build Date 1/29/2018
ETA Delivery March 2018

SCAB
BL & CF