GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone not received their DORA within 2 weeks of "placing order" with the dealer? When I looked around for MSRP deals, one dealer was able to do it although said it wouldn't be ready for ~6 months. I went ahead and placed the order but haven't received DORA yet (been 2 weeks), and when I asked he said he'd forward it when he received it

Did the dealer give you his/her dealer number and an order number? If you have those the ford performance chat site will be able to give you updates on production. Even if no production date or week has been assigned they will confirm the order as "unscheduled clean" if the order is in there waiting to be scheduled. The dealer should have given you something showing the options and order price. If you don't have that I would get something with prices to make sure they don't change, especially if you are going to be waiting for a while. I have been waiting since the first week of March, and there has been a price increase since then so my under msrp amount has increased because my GM said he would honor the first agreed upon price.

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has two new 17 super crew models
one lightning blue and one ruby red
Both have 802a package both have forged bead locks options .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whan

Reaction score
Did the dealer give you his/her dealer number and an order number? If you have those the ford performance chat site will be able to give you updates on production. Even if no production date or week has been assigned they will confirm the order as "unscheduled clean" if the order is in there waiting to be scheduled. The dealer should have given you something showing the options and order price. If you don't have that I would get something with prices to make sure they don't change, especially if you are going to be waiting for a while. I have been waiting since the first week of March, and there has been a price increase since then so my under msrp amount has increased because my GM said he would honor the first agreed upon price.

Thanks, appreciate the advice. I haven't received the order/dealer number either so slightly concerning, although with the guidance of 6 months lead time not too worried yet. I have emails confirming MSRP, and I did get a build sheet with the price, so hopefully that'll be sufficient for now.

TMart

Reaction score
I only have experience in this once, but I chose a dealer with an allocation. I received the DORA on 9/20, the day I placed the order. My '18 LF SCREW was manufactured on 10/16 and delivered to the dealer on 10/22. I had to back off on the BL's, but stuck with CF. The Dealer communicated with me on status the entire way, although they were surprised when it showed up in their lot last week.

rdz418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 7/20; built 10/25, although I had to drop the headlocks. Dealer called today and said the truck is in

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the beadlocks holding up new trucks? I have not heard that. And I ordered beadlocks on the Scab I ordered today.

rdz418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the beadlocks holding up new trucks? I have not heard that. And I ordered beadlocks on the Scab I ordered today.

They were when my order was being processed. Ford rep told the dealer if I kept the beadlocks, I might not get my truck until Q1 2018. I don't know if they are still on constraint or not.

whan

Reaction score
Over 1 month and still haven't received a DORA or order number. Dealer says that the truck has been ordered but when I ask for confirmation it's been silent. They've already cashed my $5k deposit ... any chance they're jerking me around here?

I get that their allocation may not be here til early next year, hence guidance of being 5 months out, but I'm kind of skpetical that they've even placed the order to await the allocation. Not gonna be a big fan of essentially giving a $5k interest free loan if it turns out the truck won't be ready then

PhilZx6

Reaction score
Over 1 month and still haven't received a DORA or order number. Dealer says that the truck has been ordered but when I ask for confirmation it's been silent. They've already cashed my $5k deposit ... any chance they're jerking me around here?

I get that their allocation may not be here til early next year, hence guidance of being 5 months out, but I'm kind of skpetical that they've even placed the order to await the allocation. Not gonna be a big fan of essentially giving a $5k interest free loan if it turns out the truck won't be ready then
That sounds pretty sketchy to me. 5k is a lot for a deposit! I gave a $750 deposit for mine and got my dora on the spot when I placed the order

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too got my DORA on the spot as I ordered my 2018 on Oct. 30th. Since I had bought my 2012 Scab there they didn't even ask for a deposit. Of course if I don't buy it I am sure they can sell it for much higher than my $1k over invoice agreed price.