GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dakotawoopass

Reaction score
I ordered off an open allocation a couple weeks ago and just got my delivery estimate for the week of June 19. Pretty speedy turn-around! I think I waited longer for my F-250 when I ordered it.

I ordered October 8th. I show delivery estimate for week of 19th also.

People can order and receive within 5 weeks, and it took mine 33 or 34 weeks?

Has anyone else ordered Oct 2016 or before and still not received their Raptor yet?

So what causes such wide swings like this?

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered October 8th. I show delivery estimate for week of 19th also.

People can order and receive within 5 weeks, and it took mine 33 or 34 weeks?

Has anyone else ordered Oct 2016 or before and still not received their Raptor yet?

So what causes such wide swings like this?

Where you stood in that dealers allocation lineup. Sounds like you were last in their line of allocations. There are other factors too, but...

naptown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new rig has arrived. Goodbye to my 2011 Raptor. Welcome my 17'. Fully loaded, minus CF package and headlock wheels. My dealer had to delete those from the order as you all know Ford can't get those. Didn't want to wait any longer. First mod, I hadn't even driven it, straight to Linex and install of Bakflip MX4.
51a72996e15aae93dd3e59bf43ea26bd.jpg
3b6c671a86f473492ee469b98be29048.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fso119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with my dealer and they couldn't dig up the DORA (in a stack) but they were great in giving me the order summary and a copy of the tracking details.

Priority Code 01. Seen others post about priority. Lowest dealer assignable is 10. Even my dealer is wondering how I got 01.

Got my VIN.

Scheduled for Aug-14. Throws my idea of walking the plant tour on the day my truck is being built out since I'll be be on vacation during.

Now a defined wait begins.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with my dealer and they couldn't dig up the DORA (in a stack) but they were great in giving me the order summary and a copy of the tracking details.

Priority Code 01. Seen others post about priority. Lowest dealer assignable is 10. Even my dealer is wondering how I got 01.

Got my VIN.

Scheduled for Aug-14. Throws my idea of walking the plant tour on the day my truck is being built out since I'll be be on vacation during.

Now a defined wait begins.

Priority 01 means that your build trumps everyone else's. You must be a special man! Congrats.

fso119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Priority 01 means that your build trumps everyone else's. You must be a special man! Congrats.

I'm still not sure how lucky I am to get this priority. All I know is the Ford Rep called my dealership letting them take orders on the first two of seven allocations and they had to have their orders in by the 8th.

I was originally 22 on a waitlist but my salesperson did some maneuvering to hedge my chances of getting one (place a low priority order and see it if the system has a glitch to let it go through, wait it out for the allocations, or find other dealers for a matching truck) They were willing to refer me to other dealers if it came down to it. I had time since a lease I had isn't up for another few months.

When the Sales Manager announced they had two allocations, my salesperson pushed from me to get one of those two. I've been a good client to her buying or leasing 5 vehicles from her in the past 8 years.

I'm also getting the truck at MSRP. The Dealership will not sell above MSRP. They don't believe its right to jack the price up.

Here's my Order Summary (Redacted Identifiable Info)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxlm3tntzdrlotz/Screen%20Shot%202017-06-24%20at%2010.19.57.jpg?dl=0

Last edited: