Transmission jumping out of gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmp123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Great write up... )

Question? I have my engine out and waiting for a Livernois 6.6 L long block.

Since the engine is out , i can get at the torque converter and tranny. Any suggestions? should I proactively replace the tq converter or just upgrade the transmission. Trans has 190k on it.

Any advice is appreciated

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgrade the transmission and torque converter. You are going to have to at some point. Caveat is the transmission portion will take you about 2 months.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Circle D may be more than 2 months all said and done. That number was based on customers ahead of me and lead time to order parts once order is placed.

MS Racing is quicker on getting the parts. Depends on their race schedules to how quickly they get it done. Parts with MS Racing took about 2 weeks to get once order is placed.

itoito06

Reaction score
Hate to revive this old-ish thread, but do you happen to have the part number for the melted transmission wiring harness? Mine is burnt up as well. Its currently still working, but its something i'd like to replace before it becomes a bigger issue and route it properly.

Thanks

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call your local ford dealer with your vin #. Tell them that you need the harness to run from pcm to transmission. I had mine in hand the next day. Seemed like it was around $240???