Top speed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
maybe as I get older, I don't have the cajones that I once had in my youth.

I am calm as a Hindu cow in my gt350 at 180 mph ( on the racetrack. don't be an ass and put the general public in danger with your antics on a public road).

In the raptor, Things start getting sporty at 100-105. There is no freaking way that I'd be comfortable punching it and trying to go 30 mph faster.

One wrong twitch on the steering wheel would send the truck ass over elbows.

If you bought a raptor to go fast on the road, you're probably the type of person that puts screws in with a hammer. (just because you can, doesn't mean you should. the capability to do something with the wrong tool doesn't mean that the tool is suddenly the "right one", it just means that you're the knucklehead that doesn't believe in "right tool, right job".

I'm with you on this one. The governor is set at 107 for two reasons, so I've heard: 1) tires are only rated to that and 2) the airflow under the truck begins to greatly affect the truck at that speed. Having hit 107, I can definitely say the tires were protesting and the truck started to feel really light and loose. Could you go faster? Maybe, but I wouldn't want to.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dunno .... at 120 my 14 felt solid. Class 8 trucks have incredibly sagged and loose suspensions and they seem to put along fine at 150 plus.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

They also have impressive roll cages ......

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I dunno .... at 120 my 14 felt solid. Class 8 trucks have incredibly sagged and loose suspensions and they seem to put along fine at 150 plus.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

They also have impressive roll cages ......

a raptor is certainly not class 8 ready in stock form.

the amount of bump steer in a stock raptor is also much much worse than any race prepped vehicle.

play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While on a closed race track with professional driver my 17 with Whipple tune hit 125 and felt like it hit a speed limiter, not sure if they put one there but that’s what it felt like and once lifted off the gas the truck felt like someone pulled the parachute. Lol

I don’t see the need to go past 110 unless being shot at or after robbing a bank.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
While on a closed race track with professional driver my 17 with Whipple tune hit 125 and felt like it hit a speed limiter, not sure if they put one there but that’s what it felt like and once lifted off the gas the truck felt like someone pulled the parachute. Lol

I don’t see the need to go past 110 unless being shot at or after robbing a bank.

dont lie, you were actually on the FL turnpike on a sunday and the church ladies were riding your ass, so you goosed it.

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe as I get older, I don't have the cajones that I once had in my youth.

I am calm as a Hindu cow in my gt350 at 180 mph ( on the racetrack. don't be an ass and put the general public in danger with your antics on a public road).

In the raptor, Things start getting sporty at 100-105. There is no freaking way that I'd be comfortable punching it and trying to go 30 mph faster.

One wrong twitch on the steering wheel would send the truck ass over elbows.

If you bought a raptor to go fast on the road, you're probably the type of person that puts screws in with a hammer. (just because you can, doesn't mean you should. the capability to do something with the wrong tool doesn't mean that the tool is suddenly the "right one", it just means that you're the knucklehead that doesn't believe in "right tool, right job".

I agree with the lot of this post but 180mph in a gt350?... stock tops out at 174mph in a nonR. How are you pulling above that?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I agree with the lot of this post but 180mph in a gt350?... stock tops out at 174mph in a nonR. How are you pulling above that?

My motor has been out, new pistons/rods, rebalanced crank, a little bit of flow work on the heads, and an NX 10 lb bottle :biggrin:. (for top speed runs)

The car was tuned by the engine builder. ( Redline is 9K now).

Also running a mantic clutch.

You've seen some of my posts on mustang6g under the same moniker. I was initially going to sell the car, but then I went full idiot with it. ( even after all of the suspension modifications that I did.) I just lost interest in that forum.

Car shed a little over 400 lbs as well. ( it now has cf seats now too)

It takes all she's got to get over 180 on a track, and if my exit line from the carousel-esque last turn at my home track is spot on, I can get there on the go-go juice. If I miss the line, I'm lucky to get north of 173-ish.

I have yet to take it to an airstrip for a standing mile, but I'm hoping to this fall.

Its a fun car, but I've kind of lost a little interest in road racing, thus why I picked up a raptor.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My motor has been out, new pistons/rods, rebalanced crank, a little bit of flow work on the heads, and an NX 10 lb bottle :biggrin:. (for top speed runs)

The car was tuned by the engine builder. ( Redline is 9K now).

Also running a mantic clutch.

You've seen some of my posts on mustang6g under the same moniker. I was initially going to sell the car, but then I went full idiot with it. ( even after all of the suspension modifications that I did.) I just lost interest in that forum.

Car shed a little over 400 lbs as well. ( it now has cf seats now too)

It takes all she's got to get over 180 on a track, and if my exit line from the carousel-esque last turn at my home track is spot on, I can get there on the go-go juice. If I miss the line, I'm lucky to get north of 173-ish.

I have yet to take it to an airstrip for a standing mile, but I'm hoping to this fall.

Its a fun car, but I've kind of lost a little interest in road racing, thus why I picked up a raptor.

Sounds like a great beast !!! Can u link a video. I’ve been dreaming about the gt 500.