Top Perch - Fox Shocks (adjusting your shocks to level the Raptor)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Would i only need to pay for labor?

yes, it's just an adjustment. probably 3 hours with an alignment as others have stated.

they gotta put it on a lift
take off the front wheels
disconnect the sway bar
disconnect the tie rod
disconnect the upper control arm
remove the shock
compress the spring
remove the spring
loosen the spring perch set screw
raise the spring perch
raise the perch spring clip
and reverse that to reinstall.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xBX, I know it's off topic but what happened to your rear wheel in your avatar picture.

Was off roading, it was a flex pic of the rear shock.. the other side was almost fully compressed...

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xBX, I like your new avatar pic.... That Georgia Red Clay is one-of-a-kind terrain... I recognized it instantly when I saw your new pic.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xBX, I like your new avatar pic.... That Georgia Red Clay is one-of-a-kind terrain... I recognized it instantly when I saw your new pic.

Yeah but its a bitch to get it off.. I went to a carwash the day after and was rejected because my car was too dirty.. Its been 3 weeks and I still have mud dripping out from the underside and wheel wells..

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was off roading, it was a flex pic of the rear shock.. the other side was almost fully compressed...

Very cool, looks so distorted, could you post the original?

Yeah but its a bitch to get it off.. I went to a carwash the day after and was rejected because my car was too dirty.. Its been 3 weeks and I still have mud dripping out from the underside and wheel wells..

A true 'mudder'.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8am - I went to my Ford dealer today as I already had an appt for an alignment. When I got there at 8, the guy said his front end tech had a Dr appt.

11:30 - the guy shows up, wheels are already off, so he pulls it all apart, goes a step further and pulls the CV from the rotor to give it more room, pulls one strut assembly out....

11:50 - "well, we are gonna go to lunch, we should have ya fixed up in a while"... ******... ok, so my son and I went to lunch.

1pm - still where he left it, within a minute he pulled the right shock assy off and went over to the spring compressor and did the adjustment.

1:15 - mounted the newly adjusted shock (didn't button it up yet)

1:30 - he's hovering around a computer with 3 others doing whatever the **** they do all day.. lol

2:30 - almost got the drivers side shock assy back in place

3:00 - still almost buttoned up, noone to be found.... lol

3:15 - pulled it out and into the alignment machine

3:45 - pulled it out and around and I paid the bill.

What took 30 minutes on the first side (if you don't count the 3 1/2 hours it sat by itself), he could have spent a total of 45 minutes in it (not including the alignment) and be done with something else, but this is "the land of manana" and nobody gets in a rush..... for nothing.

I was charged $275, that included the alignment. The service advisor keeps looking for a service report (feedback from me) sent from Ford.... he's so hot on it, when I return it, he will credit me back the $275 i paid AND full my truck up...

IDK WTF is the deal with those feedback surveys, but this guy is ******* my leg HARD FOR IT....

Anyway.... 1hr if you do it right thru, 8 hours if you spend 3 at the Dr office, 2 hours at lunch, 2 hours ******* around with your friends, and 1 hour to do the work...

:)

********* EDIT **********

Looking at my post again, you have to wonder why this dealer could afford to pay TWO guys 8 hours each and only charge me $275....... Amazing.

Last edited:

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just stirring up the dust here. Going top or middle tomorrow. Raptizzle, did you go middle? If so, do you have a fender height measurement? From the looks of it, about 1.25" per setting.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Som bitch, those techs in HoustonRider's story must not be on commission or they lost their ass for the day.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just stirring up the dust here. Going top or middle tomorrow. Raptizzle, did you go middle? If so, do you have a fender height measurement? From the looks of it, about 1.25" per setting.

I originally went middle but only for about a month. Didn't get any measurements before going to the top.

I really felt that the middle perch wasn't too far from stock though.