Top Perch - Fox Shocks (adjusting your shocks to level the Raptor)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in this pic, is this middle or top perch? good pic, just the piece of information tying all this together isn't here :)

True, let us know when you have the chance SERG.

Hey Birdy, now that you're on the top perch, show us some pics of that badboy in this thread.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna get to the bottom of the ********, lol..

To force myself to do this tonight, I made an appt for an alignment at the dealer in the am... so...... forward we go.

Stay tuned :)

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I'm gonna get to the bottom of the ********, lol..

To force myself to do this tonight, I made an appt for an alignment at the dealer in the am... so...... forward we go.

Stay tuned :)

let me know if you have any questions i'll pm you my cell number. should be easy enough but just in case there are a couple tricky tips i can offer

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let me know if you have any questions i'll pm you my cell number. should be easy enough but just in case there are a couple tricky tips i can offer

I stopped.... Even though I had the impact sockets to get that big ass shock bolt off, my 250lb impact wouldn't budge it. Everything else was clockwork.... that impact will break your wrist of your not careful, and that big blue bolt wouldn't budge. I wasn't gonna put a cheater on it, I thought "**** it, I'll spend $200 to let someone else worry about this shit"...

I already have the dealer scheduled for some personal time tomorrow, so I'll just get em to do the whole thing and the alignment in the am, but I appreciate the offer.

My SDHQ bumper landed at my house today too, so I have plenty I can do.
:********:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I stopped.... Even though I had the impact sockets to get that big ass shock bolt off, my 250lb impact wouldn't budge it. Everything else was clockwork.... that impact will break your wrist of your not careful, and that big blue bolt wouldn't budge. I wasn't gonna put a cheater on it, I thought "**** it, I'll spend $200 to let someone else worry about this shit"...

I already have the dealer scheduled for some personal time tomorrow, so I'll just get em to do the whole thing and the alignment in the am, but I appreciate the offer.

My SDHQ bumper landed at my house today too, so I have plenty I can do.
:********:

wow, i just grabbed the nut with some channel locks and one-handed the impact gun with the 26mm(?) bolt socket and it spun right off. pow pow pow pow vvvvvvvvvvvt

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id like to move up to the middle... I dont have all the tools needed... Who would i need to talk to so this can get done?? Anyone near GA wanna help me out??

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, i just grabbed the nut with some channel locks and one-handed the impact gun with the 26mm(?) bolt socket and it spun right off. pow pow pow pow vvvvvvvvvvvt

Nope, that didn't happen on this one..... and this impact is no joke... I've never had a problem slinging bolts off, this one was on good. I even took a 4ft cheater to it and almost flipped the truck over :jester: , and that didn't do it.. lol

It reminded me of a front sprocket a few of my friends and I tried to replace on a ZX10. It took my 4 ft cheater bar and TWO guys standing on it before it broke free.... we still talk about that one..:shooter:

Oh, with the Red Letters, how TALL are they mounted (floor to top of tire tread)? Although the stock BFG's show as 34.4" tall, they are 33" top to bottom mounted on the rims and on the truck. I'm hoping those Red Letters are 35 sitting on the floor mounted.

Any idea?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Id like to move up to the middle... I dont have all the tools needed... Who would i need to talk to so this can get done?? Anyone near GA wanna help me out??

just take it to a shop that does shocks and struts, they will have all the tools just bring them a print out of the step by step as it's been posted.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just take it to a shop that does shocks and struts, they will have all the tools just bring them a print out of the step by step as it's been posted.

Would i only need to pay for labor?