Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
That makes more sense; replace your old beat up Gen One 2.5 Foxes with rebuilt 3.0 Gen Two Foxes that have been modified to fit correctly, while retaining the OEM coil springs that were designed for the heavier front end. Stick with 35's, don't change the wheel offset too much, and enjoy a better than stock suspension that doesn't have clearance problems.
BORING

OP
OP
PoolManRaptor87

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's this thing? Spelled MIKRA. The conversion kit is $740+tax+shipping, and requires a legit shock rebuilder to modify it. So it's more like a thousand dollars to shorten the Gen 2 shock body to fit the Gen 1 bucket, and doesn't add uptravel. The KHC's were less than $600 total. In my case, (since the truck has been torn apart since WWII anyway), I'll wait a little longer, carefully cut off the top of the bucket, swap in the Gen 2 shocks & springs and squeeze out more uptravel.
Yea that kits a good option for someone that isn't able or interested in replacing buckets, and wants a bolt on front shock. I was leaning this way myself, as at first I was looking for cheap beat up Gen2s that would need to be rebuilt anyways.
However the Gen2s I found had no miles on them and most certainly did not need to be rebuilt. Since articulation loss was not a concern considering what I use the vehicle for, I just threw on the gen1 shocks and ran then. Drivers side coil failed after roughly 50k, it had over 200k tho. So have Gen2 shocks and springs on now. I'm sure I've lost a ton of articulation. But the truck looks and rides amazing, way better than it ever did with the fox 2.5s.
I'd deff do buckets tho if I had the time and money to do so. Maybe I will someday, who knows.

OP
OP
PoolManRaptor87

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's no free lunch. More travel costs More money. By waiting for the $550 KHC coil buckets, and finding clean Gen 2 shocks for $600, and committing to beheading my stock coil buckets; I'll have a suspension with 13" travel & better dampening. But..... I'll eventually have to replace the factory fenders with new $800 glass that's 2" higher & wider, (and then pay $$$ to get them painted), just to safely clear 35's with zero offset wheels and more bump travel. Will it be worth the extra time, effort, and cash to push the limit of a legendary truck's suspension? Fuc k yes. Go big or Go home

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
There's no free lunch. More travel costs More money. By waiting for the $550 KHC coil buckets, and finding clean Gen 2 shocks for $600, and committing to beheading my stock coil buckets; I'll have a suspension with 13" travel & better dampening. But..... I'll eventually have to replace the factory fenders with new $800 glass that's 2" higher & wider, (and then pay $$$ to get them painted), just to safely clear 35's with zero offset wheels and more bump travel. Will it be worth the extra time, effort, and cash to push the limit of a legendary truck's suspension? Fuc k yes. Go big or Go home
200.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter