Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Have a few sets of Gen2 non-live wire shocks for sale. All were Roush take offs with almost no miles. All look like new OEM replacement parts. Some have very minor scratches near lower control arm mount due to their removal. I ran my first set for just over 50k with stock gen1 springs till my drivers side spring broke the other day(over 225k on stock gen1 spring). Just threw on my front spare set with the Gen2 spring that came with it and I couldn't be happier.

Anyways..... I still have 4 full sets (front and back) and two front sets(front drivers and passenger sides) for sale.

Asking price is $1,600.00 plus shipping for each full set. $800 plus shipping for each front only set.
Pickup is also available near Plymouth, Ma.

Have already sold 8 sets via the Facebook raptor pages, so please, I kindly ask you keep any negative comments to yourself.
I'm very aware of what these shocks go for new(if you can find them), and I'm very aware others will sell for less claiming they were "rebuilt", which they may or may not be. These are guaranteed to have less than 1k miles on them, are in perfect condition, and I'm in no rush to sell my remaining sets. That being said prices are Or Best Offer. Reasonable offers will be considered. I do not take personal offense to respectful haggling.

Again these Gen2 shocks are as new as you will ever find. No rust, scratches, or leaks. All taken off by Roush str8 from manufacturer or dealership when brand new, so again, almost NO Miles. Will attach pics from the front set I just threw on this weekend.

Before anyone asks, because I always get the same questions, Gen2 shock with gen1 spring is very close to "mid perch". Gen2 shock and spring very close to "top perch". I am liking the ride of the Gen2 spring better, but that's just my opinion. My truck is a gen1 street queen and work ***** anyways. Was surprised to have more interest from the Gen2 guys than the gen1 guys. With these shocks lasting 3-6x longer than the stock Gen1 2.5s I cannot fathom why anyone with a gen1 wouldn't upgrade when the time came, unless they don't drive it much I guess.

More pics to come tomorrow. Havnt posted a for sale add since around Christmas and New years so I have to dig up pics or take some new ones tomorrow.

Feel free to message with any questions, or with your zip for shipping quote.

Appreciate your time reading this post!
Stay safe everyone!
At WOT
PXL_20230806_144327572.jpgPXL_20230806_144319655.jpgPXL_20230805_195417839.jpgPXL_20230806_144214158.jpg

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Anything needed to bolt these up to a gen1? I've read stuff here and there but it seems you have done it a few times.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have toyed with this Idea for a while.
I cannot fathom why anyone with a gen1 wouldn't upgrade when the time came, unless they don't drive it much I guess.
The reason for me Is there different in length. I don't know how that effects down travel? (Fronts) will there be possible binding? Do they need to be limited with a binder? (If you off-road) Not that any of this is negative just questions that it is tough to get answers too. There is not a good Clear"'how to" on the subject.
I believe @pat247 has had his gen2 on his gen1 running gen1 springs and hat for a while.
So possibly you could tell us a clear "How to" I might be first set sold here.
The rears seem to be Pretty straight forward. "How to"

Last edited:

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've run the Gen 2 shock for several years on my Gen 1 and when the time comes to replace I will get the 17-18 Gen 2 shock again. I made no modifications to the truck but did modify the shock assembly by using Gen 1 spring(shorter), spring hat(longer studs) and angle wedges. I wrote this review https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/2-yrs-40k-on-2018-gen-2-shocks-pics.85137/.

If I had the money I would pick up one of the sets @PoolManRaptor87 has for sale. The set on my Raptor were new take off shocks.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I've run the Gen 2 shock for several years on my Gen 1 and when the time comes to replace I will get the 17-18 Gen 2 shock again. I made no modifications to the truck but did modify the shock assembly by using Gen 1 spring(shorter), spring hat(longer studs) and angle wedges. I wrote this review https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/2-yrs-40k-on-2018-gen-2-shocks-pics.85137/.

If I had the money I would pick up one of the sets @PoolManRaptor87 has for sale. The set on my Raptor were new take off shocks.

Would it be more beneficial to swap out the front strut mount with the KHC one for the Gen 1 trucks?

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would it be more beneficial to swap out the front strut mount with the KHC one for the Gen 1 trucks?

Here is my thought on this, my Raptor has proven that no modification to the Raptor is necessary to run the Gen 2 shocks. The shock tower on the F150 has never failed to my knowledge so why would I cut that out and bolt something in it's place that many things could fail during installation. If I were having any problem what soever I would look into it more but nothing negative to report. I understand others have reported problems after trying this mod but I attribute that to assembly error somewhere along the line.

OP
OP
PoolManRaptor87

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is my thought on this, my Raptor has proven that no modification to the Raptor is necessary to run the Gen 2 shocks. The shock tower on the F150 has never failed to my knowledge so why would I cut that out and bolt something in it's place that many things could fail during installation. If I were having any problem what soever I would look into it more but nothing negative to report. I understand others have reported problems after trying this mod but I attribute that to assembly error somewhere along the line.
I couldn't agree more. By not replacing coil buckets WE DO LOOSE ROUGHLY 1.5 INCHES OF UP TRAVEL/ARTICULATION(due to shock size). However, Its not something the normal person would EVER notice. Out trucks have ALLOT of articulation compared to other vehicles. If you go gen2shock/gen1spring combo your raising up to mid perch level. If you go gen2shock/Gen2spring your up a little more closer to top perch, which may, I repeat MAY, buy back that lost articulation. That's the conclusion I came too. Doesn't mean it's correct tho.
I also believe others that had a hard time contributes to install error. I've always removed axel from hub and install have always been a breeze! Advise replacing IWEs while in there. Also, depending on spring used, it does need to be installed a certain way. The Gen2 spring is allot wider than gen1 spring, and especially more so on one side, more than the other. Need to be sure that's the side facing away from the frame, I could see putting them in the wrong way being an issue with frame clearance. I took some pics to try and show what I mean.

Attachments

• PXL_20230805_195454696.jpg
    PXL_20230805_195454696.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20230805_195417839~2.jpg
    PXL_20230805_195417839~2.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
PoolManRaptor87

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything needed to bolt these up to a gen1? I've read stuff here and there but it seems you have done it a few times.
Bare minimum you need to swap top hats and shims from your gen1 shock/spring assembly. This would bring you closer to top perch, but in my opinion the ride is much better than swapping the gen1 spring, which would bring you a little lower. However, both options work completely fine. Only other thing I did was trim the Gen2 bump stop a little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter