GEN 2 Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjc123

Reaction score
I ordered the "hard" tonneau cover with the truck. I am hoping it is the type that folds not the solid-painted one-piece. Any photos of the factory "hard" vs "soft" tonneau covers? Thanks

Oops didn't see it on configurator got it

Last edited:

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at two different covers, I really like this one EXTANG SOLID FOLD 2.0 TONNEAU COVER, it goes on super easy and comes off super easy.

I also like the Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover & RETRAXPRO MX.

Anyone have any experience with any of these?

guitarist982

Reaction score
FWIW I had the Revolver X2 on my 2014 for about 8 months. Perfectly waterproof in my experience and held up at TRR with no issues. But ...

I hated it. Rattled like crazy - so much play in the aluminum slats I couldn't drive drive with the rear sliding window open. You could even hear it inside with the windows up. In fact it looked like a soft cover in the rear view mirror it was bouncing so much. And that was after several adjustments to make sure the fit and install was "perfect". Also, after a few months of TX heat the adhesive that held the 2 strips of fabric on the bottom to protect your hand when rolling it up fell off. Couldn't get it to stick again using 3M Super 77 or Hi-Strength 90 so had to start using a glove when rolling it up.

Bought it for $680 new sold it for $620 on Craigslist. And in case people are looking used, the guy that bought it was a 2016 short bed. H said it fit with one minor mod (i think trimming the rail a half inch or so).

So now I'm torn between the MX4, F1, Diamondback HD, or Undercover Defender.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW I had the Revolver X2 on my 2014 for about 8 months. Perfectly waterproof in my experience and held up at TRR with no issues. But ...

I hated it. Rattled like crazy - so much play in the aluminum slats I couldn't drive drive with the rear sliding window open. You could even hear it inside with the windows up. In fact it looked like a soft cover in the rear view mirror it was bouncing so much. And that was after several adjustments to make sure the fit and install was "perfect". Also, after a few months of TX heat the adhesive that held the 2 strips of fabric on the bottom to protect your hand when rolling it up fell off. Couldn't get it to stick again using 3M Super 77 or Hi-Strength 90 so had to start using a glove when rolling it up.

Bought it for $680 new sold it for $620 on Craigslist. And in case people are looking used, the guy that bought it was a 2016 short bed. H said it fit with one minor mod (i think trimming the rail a half inch or so).

So now I'm torn between the MX4, F1, Diamondback HD, or Undercover Defender.

good feedback, i was actually getting ready to pull the trigger on this one. damn i liked the looks and functionality of it too

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I saw these at the SEMA show and really liked them. They looked high quality and I loved that you could just pop it off when you want.
LOMAX Hard Tri Fold Tonneau Cover | Folding Truck Bed Cover

That looks really good. Im not sure how much I like just having the little rubber extension as the lock when its folded, especially since there seems to be a big gap to catch air, but I'm leaning towards this one now...

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Black Friday, I need to buy something...

Looking at a Bakflip F1 (72329) seems to be the best
899.00 shipped
Can any vendors beat this price?