GEN 2 Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Freedom Motorsports has all our Tonneau Covers on sale for the holidays now.
Please feel free to message me and I will get you a quote.
Let me put a smile on your face when you see our prices.
We carry most brands but BAK and Retrax is our best sellers.

pla748

Reaction score
Anyone here solved the scurity problem with tonneau covers? No matter hard or soft, when the tailgate is locked, it seems ok. But if you truck does not have a key hole in the taigate, thieves could always break in the cab, open the tailgate with the unlock button. So, based on the consideration of security, why pay premium on an fancy cover? Just basic hard cover could do the same job.
Am I miss something ? :)

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure you can do anything without the key. Today I tried to turn something on and it wouldn't let me even put it in accessory mode without the key in the truck. I know with most new vehicles, even breaking the window and reaching in will not work the power door locks.

pla748

Reaction score
I am not sure you can do anything without the key. Today I tried to turn something on and it wouldn't let me even put it in accessory mode without the key in the truck. I know with most new vehicles, even breaking the window and reaching in will not work the power door locks.
I tried this afternoon. Left the keyfob 3 feet away, i couldnot open the tailgate and any doors. Then open the door with remote, and left the remote 3 feet away, i open the door sit in drivers seat. Lock the door by click the button. Then got out with the door open, i couldnot open tailgate. Then back to cab and click unlock button. Then tailgate was also unlocked. So the electronic tailgate lock could be unlocked by breaking in and open inside. I am not sure but so curious.