To drive or to ship? OKC to SF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you could hit up every Starbucks along the way,,, take selfies with the baristas. once you hit the bay area,,, switch over to Peets coffee. if you go through socal, please pick me up a carne asada burrito from Titos in culver city.

thump4863

Reaction score
Hey guys! My '18 Raptor was born yesterday according to my window sticker. Wanted to get some opinions on what you would do to get her home.

Option 1;
Take 1-3 days of vacation and Fly out to OKC (~$150) and drive back ~1600 miles. Estimating fuel cost around $250. Plus cost of food, lodging, etc.

Option 2;
Ship it back home for anywhere between $.75-$1/a mile. Possibly wait 1-3 weeks for the broker to find a carrier that can pick it up for a decent price.

I'm more willing to take Option 1 if I there are any fun stops on the way home. Otherwise I don't know if the rock chips are worth it. I've already seen Hoover dam and grand canyon. Can you guys make any suggestions of things to see on the way home? I'm willing to add up to 200 miles of detours. I have also thought about effects of long sustained highway driving on break in period. Thanks!

Which dealer did you get it from in OKC? That's where I'm from! I say fly in and enjoy the ride back.

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure out how your going to drive 1600 miles for $250 in a Raptor. Hahaha

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure out how your going to drive 1600 miles for $250 in a Raptor. Hahaha

1600mi @ 16mpg = 100gal @ $2.50/gal = $250 out of pocket.

Doesn't include tires, oil, and depreciation, but most people don't include those considerations in how much it costs to drive somewhere.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive it! they say gen 2s get faster after a couple of thousand miles might as well get to that benchmark as soon as possible!

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which dealer did you get it from in OKC? That's where I'm from! I say fly in and enjoy the ride back.

For a moment I thought you were going to say you'd be happy to meet him and have a beer to share the FRF spirit but then I realized that's what you are doing. :biggrin:

1600mi @ 16mpg = 100gal @ $2.50/gal = $250 out of pocket.

Doesn't include tires, oil, and depreciation, but most people don't include those considerations in how much it costs to drive somewhere.

latest?cb=20141011043748.jpg

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just messing with you. I am only getting 13 mpg. I just filled up with 91 Octane and it was $2.81 per gallon. None of us bought it for the gas mileage.

I vote for you to drive it home!! Nothing like a good road trip in your new truck. I took mine to Moab the week after I got it.

If you come through Colorado let me know.