Thoughts and impressions so far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JackFrostXTR

Reaction score
Weak Brakes, your not the first to mention that. Some have said it's due to the 17" wheel, I don't know about that. But that's one place Ford Performance, should not have missed the boat! No reason they couldn't have put Performance caliber breaks on their Raptor.

Agree, this is one area where they shouldn't have skimped. Don't think it's the 17" wheel, the brakes on G1 were great. I really think they overplayed they weight reduction. I haven't towed anything yet, but worried that it's going to be sketchy.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Great open-minded write-up. Thanks

Tried to be, I love both trucks. Honestly would have kept my Gen 1 too if my wife didn't threaten divorce (and even then it took some thought...)

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

I love the orange accents on the grill and appliqué....is that vinyl or paint?

Also...where in NJ are you located? Its always nice to have local Raptor guys!

RappyGraphics. Had them do the base decals in carbon fiber then add the orange pinstripes.

And I'm in Monmouth County.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Agree but man I think some of them have serious issues with the Gen 2 being a superior truck...

So why waste keystrokes on it? There’s a bunch of partisans who own one or the other heck even some who own both. There are Raptor owners of all model years here who are solid contributors to the site, and, there is a small and vocal contingent of both who are spoiling for an internet fight.

Nobody is holding a gun to any FRF member’s head compelling their participation in an internet trolling argument.

OP’s write up was a good observational post.