This is why spacers are a bad idea. (And lots of cv axle innards pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn, turns out I didn't grab a pic of it specifically. But this should get you real close:

3.jpg

What you're seeing here is the the cap (bottom), the wedge spacer sitting on top of it, and the three studs that all of us who installed spacers cut. So the part number I provided replaces the cap (that bottom part) and the three studs; its all one piece. You'll reuse the wedge spacer again.

Hope that helps. Basically the cap is a black base that looks like it would sit on top of the shock, and the three studs that bolt thru the shock tower on the truck.

Thanks thats what I needed. Just hate to order it and then get the F-150 and not the raptor specific one. I sure they are different correct?

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my upper shock mounts from Ford. Here are a couple of pictures of one of them. Thanks BigJ for all of the write ups!

63235f5a-a7cb-2a3a.jpg

63235f5a-a7da-6cc9.jpg

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered my caps 5 mins ago so couple days they will be here.

996 are you still in tulsa?

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my caps 5 mins ago so couple days they will be here.

996 are you still in tulsa?

I live in Chickasha. I have some friends and family that live in Tulsa but I don't get up there very often.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live in Chickasha. I have some friends and family that live in Tulsa but I don't get up there very often.

That make since. I was just wondering if you wanted to do both trucks at the same time but thats way to far of a drive. Are you going to put anything else on while the front end is all pulled apart?

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That make since. I was just wondering if you wanted to do both trucks at the same time but thats way to far of a drive. Are you going to put anything else on while the front end is all pulled apart?

Yeah, it is about a 2.5 hour drive. I think I may leave the sway bar disconnected and see how that feels. I have +2 deavers, SDHQ bump stop kit, Walker Evans wheels, and a Wicked Performance prerunner bumper with lights on the way. So, I might wait and do all of it at the same time. I have a 2 post lift and tons of tools if you ever need a place to do any major mods that would be worth the drive down here.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

996turbo hey brian how are you.

Hey Scotty, I am great just busy. I hope everything is going well with you. How's the Saleen doing? I just remembered that I need to send you that original letter from Saleen. I will get that out to you tomorrow. By the way your truck is badass!:peace:

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it is about a 2.5 hour drive. I think I may leave the sway bar disconnected and see how that feels. I have +2 deavers, SDHQ bump stop kit, Walker Evans wheels, and a Wicked Performance prerunner bumper with lights on the way. So, I might wait and do all of it at the same time. I have a 2 post lift and tons of tools if you ever need a place to do any major mods that would be worth the drive down here.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Hey Scotty, I am great just busy. I hope everything is going well with you. How's the Saleen doing? I just remembered that I need to send you that original letter from Saleen. I will get that out to you tomorrow. By the way your truck is badass!:peace:

Thanks for the offer!

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got mine in today!!!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 56
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 54