How terrible is this for a 1st Gen? 250k mi $23k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mSants

Reaction score
Hey all, I may or may not be getting this over the weekend. Just saw it on the lot while I'm visiting.

Admittedly the guy up front told me it's been on the lot for around 60 days. The interior seems alright. Not sure if the aux switches were even working, bed and everything else seemed fine.

I've scoured this forum for a few weeks and wasn't expecting to see a Gen1 today.. What would you do?

I make alright money and not worried about some issues here and there soooo, if this might not be a "bad deal" for the price, I may snag it up tomorrow!

Video of a walkaround below.

Give me your honest thoughts and opinions fellas! Thanks in advance!

**Also, towing a tiny Jayco RV at times, is that gonna be sus**? lol

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the obligatory whats in the console peek.

Gen Juan SCAB. Major points.
#BlackRaptorsMatter

Is it an O.G. 5.4 truck?

Whats some history.

From the video, Interior and body look great. Motor sounds good. Dont be like me and join the 6.2 Window edition club.

Assuming off the lot it needs a shock rebuild.
Tires looks good, gots some rimfs. Overall clean. Non projector light truck

Offer 15K. I'll give you 16.5K next day :cool:

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd show up tomorrow with a pile of money, show it to them, then drive it to anybody with a lift so you can check for rust, crash damage, leaking shocks..... and pull a 4oz sample of engine oil & trans fluid. Send it to Blackstone Labs (or anybody else legit), and beg them to put your sample in front of the others so you get results quick. If there’s no visible damage I'd leave a big fat cash deposit, pending test results on those fluids. Nobody in the industry would refuse a cash deposit right now, unless someone else walks in who isn't smart enough to confirm it won't need a rebuilt motor ($3500-8500) or trans ($3000-5000) anytime soon.

OP
OP
M

mSants

Reaction score
Hahaha yeah I liked that part too!!

SCAB... just looked that up haha okay okay yes, SCAB :cool: #BRM most definitely!

Yes, 5.4 :( is that crap? I actually just now looked at the CarFax (and it doesn't seem all that bad)

Wheels seem a little cholo tbh but it'll be fine for a bit lol. Ya think they're asking for wayyyy too much, huh?

Here's the listing! Notice anything possibly good or bad aside from what we've talked about?

OP
OP
M

mSants

Reaction score
I'd show up tomorrow with a pile of money, show it to them, then drive it to anybody with a lift so you can check for rust, crash damage, leaking shocks..... and pull a 4oz sample of engine oil & trans fluid. Send it to Blackstone Labs (or anybody else legit), and beg them to put your sample in front of the others so you get results quick. If there’s no visible damage I'd leave a big fat cash deposit, pending test results on those fluids. Nobody in the industry would refuse a cash deposit right now, unless someone else walks in who isn't smart enough to confirm it won't need a rebuilt motor ($3500-8500) or trans ($3000-5000) anytime soon.
Damn damn damn.. well, I'll be rethinking this purchase because I'm really a run and gun kind of person and I wasn't intending on doing that. Super irresponsible I know and wow that a fat ass quote for the engine. I really might just not think about the truck anymore after this post lol.

I should do the sampling and everything but I know I'm impatient so nvm.. :(

OP
OP
M

mSants

Reaction score
I thought I saw the 6.2 tags on the side. On second look, I think you're right. 15k tops. lol
No wonder it's been on the lot for 2 months. Nevermind! Lol

Back to looking at some jacked up H2's for me or LX570's to take the edge off. I don't need a vehicle, I'm in a work truck, 2022 STX all day with a gas card lol.

Last vehicles were a slammed S5 4.2v8, Lifted H3, GX470, Mini Cooper S wiith all the mods.. Was just browsing options today!

Thank you my friends! Maybe one day I'll check a nice one out and get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter