The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
I'm curious about what "3.0" generally includes. Are there improvements or is it just different than 2.0? Regardless, how does it generally differ from 2.0?

Last, when is 3.0 available?

I don't believe SVC has said an exact date, or what exactly the 3.0 tune is going to be like.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No v3 yet , I will release details and numbers once it's time.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have an issue with the very first/initial 4th to 5th gear shift? For some reason, whenever I first go from 4th to 5th, my RPM's launch up to 2200RPM's during the shift. (FWIW, this is while driving "normally"/crusing and not WOT). It only does it once, and then all shifts are smooth. It's not a huge deal, but just a very minor annoyance.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Anyone else have an issue with the very first/initial 4th to 5th gear shift? For some reason, whenever I first go from 4th to 5th, my RPM's launch up to 2200RPM's during the shift. (FWIW, this is while driving "normally"/crusing and not WOT). It only does it once, and then all shifts are smooth. It's not a huge deal, but just a very minor annoyance.

How many miles have you put on since loading the tune?

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

You may need to reset the KAM. This function can be found under special functions.

-Jeff

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im having the dealer work on my car on Wednesday, so I returned to stock as a precaution.

YUCK!!!!!! WAHHHHHHH!!! Is it Thursday yet?

JackDiesel

Reaction score
A week ago I installed the Tune and then the day after I installed a new Corsa Xtreme. Needless to say my foot has been a little heavier than usual but not that bad. I've noticed my mpg drop to 9.3 when I usually get 12 around town. What are people's experience with their mpg after installing the Tune?

Gilligan

Reaction score
A week ago I installed the Tune and then the day after I installed a new Corsa Xtreme. Needless to say my foot has been a little heavier than usual but not that bad. I've noticed my mpg drop to 9.3 when I usually get 12 around town. What are people's experience with their mpg after installing the Tune?

mine went from the low 11's to mid 12's

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Since the Truck basically resets this would be equivalent to if you set the mpg calculator while coasting downhill it would read some absurd number. Drive it easy and it will stay high, put your foot into it and it will quickly drop until regular driving habits are returned. Guys who regularly drive on the highway tend to have better averages then the city drivers and guys with a heavy right foot.

-Jeff