The Truth About The Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The fact is if you use your Raptor off road and don't drive like a 90 year old Grandma with a bad back- you will damage your truck in some way. You can be the best driver in the world, but eventually something will break. It's often not one thing that causes a problem. It's the constant and accumulation of stress on the truck that causes a problem.

On my last trip I had to fix/replace, my rear drivers side shock guard, broken exhaust hangers, and Icon mid flaps were torn off. It was not major damage but it cost me $250 to fix/replace everything. If you play, you will have to pay. For me, I don't see the point in owning it if you're not.

Last edited:

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact is if you use your Raptor off road and don't drive like a 90 year old Grandma with a bad back- you will damage your truck in some way. You can be the best driver in the world, but eventually something will break. It's often not one thing that causes a problem. It's the constant and accumulation of stress on the truck that causes a problem.

On my last trip I had to fix/replace, my rear drivers side shock guard, broken exhaust hangers, and Icon mid flaps were torn off. It was not major damage but it cost me $250 to fix/replace everything.

That's The Raptor God's punishment for putting mid flaps on! They get pissed off when you put Craven Stubby in your mods list as well, unless you get the pre runner Craven.

Killjohnathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But have you damaged it yet?

Apparently, according to some, you ain't shit if you haven't damaged your truck learning how to drive it off road.

Well, I don't consider myself shit, or cool. Nor do I think I know how to drive off road. But, like I said before, I have pushed my truck to the breaking point and had to pay for my mistakes. I bet the best drivers in the world would say the same thing. We all got to start somewhere. :nutkick:

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a new Raptor owner and a "Grown Ass Man!" 'I' make my own decisions in life good and bad. Because 'I' make my own decisions, 'I' am willing to live with the results good or bad. There is a thing called personal responsibility that is truly lacking within our country from top down (don't want to get on a soap box here).

I can see that there is some truth to the article, however it is never a good idea to trash someone the way the author did. Not cool at all. KARMA!!!!

All the more reason why i will continue to inform other RAPTOR owner's I come across to join FRF. The knowledge, insight and wisdom you come across on FRF is 2nd to none. FRF members/vendors thank you for paving the way. Thank you for all the good and bad experiences you have had with your Raptors. You all have given a brotha like me encouragement to push myself and street queen even further.:driver:

Is the raptor perfect no! But ask your self this, "What Would Jesus Drive (WWJD)?" A FORD RAPTOR BABY!!!!:gay::gay::gay::gay: