GEN 2 The Detail Geek washes his muddy Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another DG Raptor detail. I think he ceramic coated everything and you can see how well all the ***** runs off.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cringed watching this! Please, please, please DON'T ever do the initial rinse off with a pressure washer. Even using a 15 - 45 degree tip. You are turning that grit that's in the mud and dirt into a sandblaster spray. Will you notice it right away? No. But after many washes you will. Every time you do that you are damaging that clear coat. Use open garden hose pressure first to rinse off the top layer of dirt/mud.
AND when you do use the pressure washer AFTER rinsing the vehicle clean always remember rule of thumb with pressure washers - if you can put your open hand in front of the spray without it causing pain it's safe for the paint. If it hurts you it will hurt the paint and decals.
I understand what you’re saying, and agree. But at the same time, I don’t see any other way. I don’t think a garden hose will put a dent into caked on mud.