GEN 2 I found the Raptor Assault Rock Climbing Trail and did it in Baja Mode!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just came back from an AMAZING Raptor Expedition with some Raptor friends! I found the Raptor Assault crew and tagged a long for the rock climbing portion. Yeah I was a gen 2 following the fully loaded gen 3 on 37s but oh well they accepted me as one of their own!
I’ll be posting more of my expedition on my YouTube channel so if you want to see what our trucks can go through check them out (and subscribe)! Some epic videos will be coming out around the Salt Lake City and MOAB area!

I did "The Climb" in my F-150 Raptor in Baja Mode!

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
That's a cool little trail. Why Baja Mode though at those speeds? I was expecting you to be hauling A$$ up the hill. I thought Baja was meant for fast speeds with high rev and minimal shifting.

OP
OP
ACE

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was really scenic! They stopped for lunch near the top so I got to chat with everyone! Definitely rock crawl is the best for that scenario but I do like the ride of Baja Mode and wanted to see how the truck did in a non ideal environment for that setting. It did really well and was pretty impressed-vast majority of the trail I did in Baja 2WD. Some wheel slip here and there but keeping it in 4WD worked just fine on the steep parts. I also did not use trail control so I could test my skills too!

IMG_4242.jpegIMG_4244.jpegIMG_4239.jpeg

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi I thought that was pretty cool I’ve never owned any 4 wheel drive this is my first when you made your run where in 4 h or 4l?

OP
OP
ACE

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Welcome to the raptor life! What year is yours?

For this trail I was in 4H but I know that the raptor assault crew went back and forth between 4H and 4L to give the students experience with both. 4H without differential lock is good enough for this route! I’ll post a video of the entire trail in a few days! I put the trail coordinates there so other raptors can check it out and experience it for themselves!

OP
OP
ACE

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All good! The full trail will be up later in the week!

OP
OP
ACE

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s the full trail! It’s pretty easy if you have some off-roading experience! The views are awesome!

F-150 Raptor completes The Climb trail