synthetic oil for trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are out of your tree. Change every domestic vehicle I have owned including the Raptor to Amsoil -- never had a problem. Stick to what you know about. Making statements out of your rear is funny but some people may believe that crap lol. I drive in some of the worst conditions that exist for vehicles not NYC lol.

The Ford trans fluid is actually pretty good quality. Not going to get in a debate with you on your brand X oil, but you need to take some of your own advice.

And as for their statement about the old Ford fluid, which was Type F, that is also 100% true as many people used that usually in racing applications to firm up the shifts. It had little to no friction modifier package.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Ford trans fluid is actually pretty good quality. Not going to get in a debate with you on your brand X oil, but you need to take some of your own advice.

And as for their statement about the old Ford fluid, which was Type F, that is also 100% true as many people used that usually in racing applications to firm up the shifts. It had little to no friction modifier package.

Hey I know you wear Ford Underwear and frankly would expect no less from you. There are much better fluids out there than the Ford spec stuff. Do not even get me started on the motor oil lol. :driver:

OP
OP
Glassman

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have contacted the transmission shop told him what was going on with the tranny, going to be taking it on on Tuesday. Thanks for all the input thus will give me some info to pass on to him

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How are they changing the fluid?
It does take a special machine to flush all of the fluid and fill.
And it has to be at the correct temperature.

There's a thread somewhere how it works.

YAMAHATOO

Reaction score
What about transfer case? what is the spec and capacity for the t-case? i was thinking of running royal purple ATF in the t-case, Royal Purple gear oil in the diffs,?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The spec for the transfer case is for Motorcraft Transfer Case Fluid, and the capacity is 1.6 quarts. This is NOT a gear oil, it is a transmission fluid and its characteristics are not available. No kidding, I couldn't learn what specs it carries so I just went down to the Ford dealership and bought a couple quarts. It's not expensive in the slightest - $6 or $7 per quart. I think as long as you drain and refill the transfer case with some regularity (it actually has a drain plug!), I think you'll be all right using the Motorcraft fluid.