Sync 3.2.2 update is out for the 2011s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Busa's point was why "put lip stick on a pig" If it sucks and update ain't going to fix the main problem.

but then again he could just be looking to up his post count

I like sync when and if it works correctly

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

easy now...22 year vetran of Microsoft here, left in 2005, was employee 300. Yeah some things suck: Microsoft Bob, Windows for Workgroups, OS/2 (yep, was MS not IBM product).

however, MS has done some things right along the way - the mouse, xbox 360, halo, windows XP, Office, windows 7 (although i'm sure i'll get flamed on that), investing 100 million into Apple so they didnt' go bankrupt in the mid 90's...

products can be terrible, but on the whole, the company has done a bunch of good - and most of the money out of the stock is now helping keep kids alive and educated around the world.

Well that is pretty cool. I forgot about the Xbox... very nice. Windows 7 isn't bad I run it on my Macbook and iMac with Parrallels. We us PCs and windows for our servers and most of the office machines.

We differ on why Apple almost went **** up - I believe Gates basically stole the GUI interface from Jobs and these folks were more interested in making cool shit then building a business. Payback is a bitch Gates!

Yes Gates does give Millions away with his Limo Liberal friend Buffet, don't think for a minute you took away the tax write offs and they would not stop.

That is cool you were #300 at Microsoft.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think Busa's point was why "put lip stick on a pig" If it sucks and update ain't going to fix the main problem.

but then again he could just be looking to up his post count

I like sync when and if it works correctly

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Well that is pretty cool. I forgot about the Xbox... very nice. Windows 7 isn't bad I run it on my Macbook and iMac with Parrallels. We us PCs and windows for our servers and most of the office machines.

We differ on why Apple almost went **** up - I believe Gates basically stole the GUI interface from Jobs and these folks were more interested in making cool shit then building a business. Payback is a bitch Gates!

Yes Gates does give Millions away with his Limo Liberal friend Buffet, don't think for a minute you took away the tax write offs and they would not stop.

That is cool you were #300 at Microsoft.

I was there and working on Mac products during the time that this went down. Jobs was not at Apple at the time, and he managed to get back in because of two things, support from the board and a loan/investment from Bill Gates. during this time Microsoft was going to kill Office for the Mac, which was the best selling product for the Mac (Photoshop was #2), and that with their money problems would've killed Mac and Apple as we know it.

Bill and Steve met with a couple of MS people and hammered out the investment and the committment to continue making MS products for the Mac, that investment ended up making Microsoft about a 300% return when the sold it back to Apple, so it worked out well for all parties.

the GUI wars were really interesting, I worked on the first version of Mac File, one of the first Mac products, and was developing on the Mac before it launched, and also worked on windows 1.0 (or Window 1.0 as we affectionally called it).
Neither Apple nor Microsoft developed the GUI interface, it was done by the Xerox PARC team, and they didn't chase patents on it, so both Apple and MS copied it.

there is a ton of collaboration between Apple and Microsoft, and the competition between the two companies has always been healthy, unlike the relationship with Oracle and Larry.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you ask the dealer when you take your truck in, if you dare, they will install any updates for you. Just make sure you ask, also, if you swing by they will fit you in right quick!