Supercharged 6.2 VS Twin Turbo Ecoboost Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not really, they're still new man. Wait for a turbo upgrade then I'm sure people will jump in. I've done almost everything I can. I just need the turbo upgrade and we will see how good it is.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bottom line. No replacement for displacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Literally every time I start my truck it puts a smile on my face. And I still turn around to look at it every time I walk away. She's a keeper.

i was just thinking this the other day. usually at the 3 year mark i hate my ride. not my 14 raptor. i freshened up a bunch of things and it drives and looks like new and i still love getting in it. 77,000 miles and ill go at least another year. no idea what ill buy then , the g2 still doesnt do it for me.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was just thinking this the other day. usually at the 3 year mark i hate my ride. not my 14 raptor. i freshened up a bunch of things and it drives and looks like new and i still love getting in it. 77,000 miles and ill go at least another year. no idea what ill buy then , the g2 still doesnt do it for me.

Depending on your HP mods, Just make sure you don't test drive one!

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score

All i have for power is a tuner. I know the new one is way faster but oddly enough i dont spend a ton of time at wfo so the whole " its faster" thing doesnt really sell it. Up here id get 45-50,000 for mine , new one is 85,000. Not worth it over what i have.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood, of course HP and torque...but being able to pass multiple vehicles like I can now on back highways and such....priceless. Gen I would really check and recheck and if questionable hold back, Gen 2 check and go!
Don't get me wrong, I love my Gen I, but falling in love with my Gen 2 more every day.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Understood, of course HP and torque...but being able to pass multiple vehicles like I can now on back highways and such....priceless. Gen I would really check and recheck and if questionable hold back, Gen 2 check and go!
Don't get me wrong, I love my Gen I, but falling in love with my Gen 2 more every day.

Whipple.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score

i would have to second this. 2nd gens dont do it for me either, but i have driven one around a parking lot and it was neat.

they are some sick vehicles. way too expensive for my taste, but they are super ******* cool.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not Hennessey? :ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

i would have to second this. 2nd gens dont do it for me either, but i have driven one around a parking lot and it was neat.

they are some sick vehicles. way too expensive for my taste, but they are super ******* cool.

Good thing you didn't go out of the parking lot! :biggrin:

Damn, need more $ - supercharge the GenI and re-compare!

OP
OP
Canuck714

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally got some info out of the neighbor on the mods to his G2..
I knew about the exhaust and intercooler, but he informed me he has different Garrett turbos, blow off valves, exhaust, **** injection, multiple tune profiles (all custom and done on the Dyno) etc, etc.
He has struggled with a few issues along the way as he had the system built from scratch, specifically getting a tune he is happy with.

So to say the lest, I feel pretty good that a factory installed Ford/Roush 6.2 runs pretty good against a highly modded TT Eco.

To be honest, the drag race and WOT is not really the game for these trucks, we use them in the dirt, and I still feel that the 6.2 just feels more fun.