Spark plug evaluation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Andy2675

Andy2675

Reaction score
I was going to mention coating the tap and/or thread chaser with grease prior to running it in the spark plugs hole.
If any chips are cut, hopefully the grease hangs on to them instead of letting them into the cylinder.
Yeah I did that, then I took some compressed air into the other spark plug hole. She's been running like a top for the last week so fingers crossed!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In all seriousness - I just did my plugs and I let them go for roughly 50k. I typically change plugs at 30k. What a difference fresh plugs appear to make.

OP
OP
Andy2675

Andy2675

Reaction score
In all seriousness - I just did my plugs and I let them go for roughly 50k. I typically change plugs at 30k. What a difference fresh plugs appear to make.
mine were still oem at 90k, everything was running fine on it. no misfires or anything like that (which made my problem even more irritating, that nothing was wrong in the first place) Ill see if new plugs and 2 new idler pulleys make a difference in mpg. I usually average around 14.8-15.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine were still oem at 90k, everything was running fine on it. no misfires or anything like that (which made my problem even more irritating, that nothing was wrong in the first place) Ill see if new plugs and 2 new idler pulleys make a difference in mpg. I usually average around 14.8-15.
That is the mileage I get on the highway at 75 mph.

OP
OP
Andy2675

Andy2675

Reaction score
That is the mileage I get on the highway at 75 mph.
Well I live in an area that's fairly conducive to better mpg. Decently rural, 45-55mph hwys, no crazy elevation. That and I drive pretty conservatively. I was averaging mid 15s when I first got the truck but I think winter gas took it down just a hair. Either that or I stopped caring as much lol

Last edited: