2013 SVT Spark plug change timing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcb054

Reaction score
Hi All - I just bought a 2013 Raptor with 125k miles on it. Car feels and runs well (from what I can tell), but it's my first time owning a Raptor. I took it in for inspection and the mechanic recommended thinking about changing out the spark plugs (said 100k is the norm). I don't have any gauge when/if the original spark plugs have been changed so I am torn on whether I should spend the $$ to have them done. They quoted me around $1k pending no coils break when changing.

What's the recommendation on changing these without being able to tell when/if they were done in the past?

Thanks for the help--

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
When in doubt, change it out.

Also, firestone (if you have a good one) will do it for $675

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1k for plugs!?!?! I get mine done at 100k and it was about $368 (or was it 638?) last time. You need to find another shop! As for not knowing, unless you’re willing to pull an upper and lower plug to spot check, better get them replaced.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
$1k for plugs!?!?! I get mine done at 100k and it was about $368 (or was it 638?) last time. You need to find another shop! As for not knowing, unless you’re willing to pull an upper and lower plug to spot check, better get them replaced.
Ford wants $1400-$1600 lol

OP
OP
R

rcb054

Reaction score
Good to know - they cited the 16 plugs and the labor to get to some

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You gotta remove the spark plug wires & coils to do it. Seems like replacing them as well wouldn't increase the labor cost.