Spare tire locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SVC bump kit and either Deaver springs or WSI springs. Just put Deaver +3 on mine with SVC bump stop. Very nice bump stop kit in my opinion. Adjustable for help with towing if you want too. Deaver ride much better than stock. I always have a good amount of weight in back on runs. Normally only 1 spare and its in the bed. Might put the second underneath for upcoming runs.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I was just wondering if anybody off roads with 2 spares, one under the bed and one in the bed? I have a cover and thought it would be nice to use it off road but I've heard having one spare under the bed is bad while off roading. Any opinions on this?

XRD OR Xpedition Ready Design has a nice under cover bed rack that is easily changeable. That is the one I went with as I carry the two spares as you describe. I am also moving to Deaver springs and SVC bump stops.

Last edited:

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run the XRD bed rack also. Love it and highly recommend it.4a7ary8y.jpg

I modified the spare carrier myself. XRD is coming out with a newer version very soon too.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is easy to take them out but requires some time. I usually just remove the spare and spare holder and continue to use the rack in place.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like this XRD rack. How much does it cost?

You can pm DIRTYFUN on here or contact XRD on Facebook for a quote. I know it was reasonable for everything.

I have customized mine a bit and plan to keep changing it around as my needs change. As far as removing the rack I leave the bones of mine in place all the time. Still leaves plenty of room for whatever I need to haul and it is there for attachment points. Might even make a 2 tire carrier to bolt to mine if I get to Mexico next year.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like this XRD rack. How much does it cost?

How often do you want to have two spare tires in the truck? You can keep the stock springs or do the add a leaf option for something less expensive.

I run a custom WSI bed rack under cover with a second spare below the bed. I have the RPG stage 3 and HD +3" springs. Been running this set up for more than a year and have been quite pleased.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
LFtrip

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My biggest concern is a comfortable ride when the bed isn't loaded up. I'd definitly bring 2 spares on any runs with all the essential gear but when I'm not doing a run my bed will pretty much be empty. I talked to Kirk at RaptorAddict and he told me unless I'm going over 400 lbs. regular deavers will be sufficient. I just dont want the rear of the truck bouncing around due to no weight in it.