South Dakota Black Hills Raptor Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will book with you as soon as you are ready Wilson

We are booked at Kemps Kamp cabin 14. for everyone thinking about going I'd book asap summer in the Hill's fills up fast. we picked Kemps Kamps because of the closeness of shower rooms and a few open cabins.

the cancellations fee isn't too bad but ask when checking in. it's better than not having a spot however, I think there will be a lot of tent room avalable so if you don't mind tenting it more then likely no hurry.

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is not a sponsored run it's a vacation you're welcome to tag along.

July 21-25

Ok this will be another family type run like the SDBR but with less planning lol unless someone wants's to step up I'm just an idiot when it comes to organizing.
you are responsible for yourself!
you will need one of these [FONT=&quot]Black Hills National Forest Motorized Trail Permits[/FONT]
and camping reservation from Bruce Kemp's Kamp |
going
1-@Wilson
2-@RaptorScrew
3-@Aaron
4-@korbendallas

updated to new info don't forget your motorized trail permits

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So @Wilson are you planning on the 22nd and 23rd being the 2 full days off road and then departing sometime on the 24th? Trying to see if I can swing a couple days off in there. I wouldn't make it up until the afternoon of the 22nd but it would still be fun to try and find you guys somewhere on the 22nd and still have the 23rd for a full day before heading back on the 24th.

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So @Wilson are you planning on the 22nd and 23rd being the 2 full days off road and then departing sometime on the 24th? Trying to see if I can swing a couple days off in there. I wouldn't make it up until the afternoon of the 22nd but it would still be fun to try and find you guys somewhere on the 22nd and still have the 23rd for a full day before heading back on the 24th.

yep that's the plan

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in @Wilson. Won't be up there until the afternoon of the 22nd but otherwise, I'm good.

Got my cabin reserved this evening and permit ordered!

Last edited:

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll be using my 50w but I do have a handheld if someone needs one. They're good (enough) for listening but sketchy for transmitting.