RPG and WSI present The South Dakota Buffalo Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
It's not to far from me. If you do it again next year this may be one trip I could pull off.

I'll be in South Dakota black hills June/July weekend with my family. Should be a good time.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not to far from me. If you do it again next year this may be one trip I could pull off.

I'll be in South Dakota black hills June/July weekend with my family. Should be a good time.

If you want, we can let you know what trails we hit. But for sure, hit up 16A for the drive to Mt. Rushmore.

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

Banned
Reaction score
If you want, we can let you know what trails we hit. But for sure, hit up 16A for the drive to Mt. Rushmore.

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

Well, we'll be in a POS minivan haha so trails aren't really an option. But any tips on scenic paved roads or things to check out I'll gladly take! PM em as to not clutter this thread up. I think we're gonna be staying in rapid city. And driving to all the stuff we wanna check out. Think we're doing some cave tours an what not. Not 100% sure on the rapid city part though.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
16A was paved. Here is the video Wilson found for us that inspired us to add it.
RV TRIP TIP: Mt. Rushmore, Custer SP & the Black Hills of SD - YouTube

We didnt do the needles highway section, but it looks awesome!

I also highly recommend the scenic loop around the badlands national park.

Its 240, 44, and a little bit of 37. We started at the town of scenic, but even if you drop down from wall head back east and do 3/4 of the loop, end in scenic and head back to Rapid City it would be awesome!

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, we'll be in a POS minivan haha so trails aren't really an option. But any tips on scenic paved roads or things to check out I'll gladly take! PM em as to not clutter this thread up. I think we're gonna be staying in rapid city. And driving to all the stuff we wanna check out. Think we're doing some cave tours an what not. Not 100% sure on the rapid city part though.

Rapid city is a good spot and the town we stayed at (Deadwood) was also great, plenty of places to stay and lots of nice restuarants and bars. Not sure how far way from Mount Rushmore you want to be.

Be sure and drive through The Badlands National Park and be prepared for a crap load of oooohhhs and aaaahhhhhs. It was amazing!

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We spent a couple days in Rapid City. I would recommend it. Lots to do and plenty of places to eat. Deadwood is more scenic.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2