GEN 2 Something to be aware of.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The antistatic bag thing is cool but I would find it annoying to have to put my keys in a bag all the time to make sure nobody could steal my truck. Especially if I was out eating at a restaurant or something bc then I'd have to carry the stupid bag around with me if I was too close to the truck! If it is in fact 35 feet give or take that it will still start the truck then I'd for sure go back to the dealer and tell them to fix it bc its got to be a setting off somewhere.

Both my Cadillac CTS-V and my wives Volvo S60 only works when the key FOB is right next to the car as it should.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think the fob would just chew through batteries if the signal is that strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
once they are done with the joy ride unless they park it back in your driveway every night I bet they would be too far away to restart it. dumb criminal would park it in his own driveway haha that would be funny.

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 SCAB won't start unless the key is turned in the ignition switch.
I wouldn't have it any other way.

i am definitely going to miss ignition switches. unfortunately, they are a thing of the past. i still can't get use to my wife's new car. there is just something about vehicles becoming too high tech (and i work in the high tech industry) that annoys me. i guess my age is starting to show.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i am definitely going to miss ignition switches. unfortunately, they are a thing of the past. i still can't get use to my wife's new car. there is just something about vehicles becoming too high tech (and i work in the high tech industry) that annoys me. i guess my age is starting to show.

I know just what you mean, but I don't think for a minute that it's a function of age. Humanity has always pushed the limits of the envelope, but we used to consider whether we SHOULD do a thing. Now we only ask if we CAN.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spare FOB still in truck?

sssshhh!!!! You ruined it! It is much more dramatic when the Dealer's Tech (followed by the service manager, and foreman) come out of the bay to the showroom and show Customer, salesman, sales manager, finance man and GM: the glove-box found spare FOB.

Last edited: