Something ain't right...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rahptor

Reaction score
Hey FRF just purchased a 2014 SVT Raptor with about 93,000 miles on it and I'm noticing that the fuel gauge is either lying to me or gas is burning really quickly. For instance, I recently put gas last Friday (I was on E) which was about 10 gallons ($50) that brought it up to half tank and the very next day I had to refill because it was already on empty with 20 miles left to E. I hadn't driven all that much in that time frame.

I'm also experiencing issues with the fuel gauge itself where it goes from half tank to quarter tank randomly and my fuel range with it as well. So one minute I get a range of 200 miles to E and the next time I look down, I only have 80 miles to E.

I know these trucks are gas hogs but I feel I'm having to refill a lot more than usual.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing the Gen 1 Raptor uses the same gauge & sending unit as all the other 2014 ford vehicles. Since this isn't a well known issue, across a million vehicles..... start looking at wire connections for a loose, rusty, or damaged ground wire. It's cheap & easy to do, and you might find other issues while your at it.

That'll be $200, please. ;)

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your Gen1...your gonna love it!!
You could just do what us old timers use to do...top it off (yeah,thats gonna cost ya $100+,not $50)...carry a pen and paper..write down mileage,drive a day or 2 and go top it off again....at least that will give you an idea till you check out what Mr. Dirt said above and you wont have to worry about being stranded...:devilfinger:
Amazing how we survived without computers in our vehicles...heck,the gas gauge hasnt worked in my '63 Corvette for past 20 years...but the odometer does....:pepper::)