sold my stock bumper, buyer says it doesn't fit - what should I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea man it seems real shady that it "doesn't fit" it's Craig's list a lot of scamming ass mofos on their I say **** it he knew what he was buying and he took the chance! Just my opinion though. I had a guy buy my stock front and rear bumper off me from Craig's list and after he had picked it up and taken it home try's to call me and tell me that te rear bumper had a dent in it and tried to blame me hah! No way man that shit was in perfect condition when you picked it up not my problem. He didn't like that answer and threatened to take me to small claims court! I told him well next time I hear from you it better be your lawyer hahaha never heard from him again!

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sold as is- where is. No warranty expressed or implied.

I'd just tell him sorry, I've already spent the money. Or half of it or whatever.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you sold it at a retail price given his money back... If it was highly discounted price.... Well buddy you bought a bumper for a deal nothing wrong with, your truck you wrecked is probably the biggest issue, and its his issue

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was at discounted price. Ford wants 900 for the bumper, he sold for 400

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its up to you. I have bought stuff used from craigslist and not been entirely happy with it or it was missing parts. But never something I couldn't fix easy and cheaply I have never contacted the seller for a returning or anything.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
JB your aftermarket bumper fit with no problem, right? So this dude is telling you the one you took off & sold him doesn'f fit his truck. It doesn't add up. So, tell him good luck with selling it & press on with life.

KKILLIAN

Reaction score
I would tell him sorry, but it's his bumper now. I'm also selling my bumper on Craigslist and I just had a guy about an hour ago come look at it. He's trying to make a regular F150 into a Raptor and I don't think he has a clue what he's doing. I said I'd sell the bumper and skid plate for $350. He made a big fuss over the fact that I don't have the plastic grill because my light bar was mounted there and I didn't keep the grill. He told me he'd think about it. I'm tired of bending over backwards for these cheapskates on Craigslist.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't ask for pictures unless your prepared to take it back. This would encourage the return. I too believe there is something fishy here. Besides, it's too easy to rig photos.

chumpchange10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bumper was most likely special order from the dealer and he was not able to stop it...
He can re sell on craigs list just as you did....
He inspected laid the cash out its his !!!!