sold my stock bumper, buyer says it doesn't fit - what should I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hungerforraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tough call..

But as someone said before how can you be sure they didn't mess it up or if he's trying to give you the messed up one he had. If it were me I would not take it back. He bought it as-is, he inspected it before he bought it. It's on him now to sell it. Tell him good luck with selling it.

I haven't nor would I try to return something I bought used....

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe that an undamaged Raptor bumper will not fit on any undamaged Raptor...
Does this guy have a Raptor, or was he trying to install it on a regular 150?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you have any other interest in the bumper? If you did, I'd contact them, tell them you still have it and try to get it sold. Then get the bumper back from the original guy and give him his money back. That is, if you're feeling nice. You don't have to do anything but if you want to help the guy out and think this is going to affect him more than you, I might be inclined to help him out.

Zman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would tell him bring it back over and I will help you install correctly. I bet that would be enough to get him to say no I will just keep it. There is probably nothing wrong with your bumper. But if you offer to install it or come look at it, I bet his tune changes.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would tell him bring it back over and I will help you install correctly. I bet that would be enough to get him to say no I will just keep it. There is probably nothing wrong with your bumper. But if you offer to install it or come look at it, I bet his tune changes.

This would be my first step also. That way you will see if he is on the up and up. If he brings it back over and you install and it looks fine then done deal. No refund or no returns.
He should have called you and taken pictures to show how it didn't fit in the first place.
Besides, what shims was he installing to make it line up. I'm pretty confused on that one. There are no shims that I'm aware of. The frame horns would have to be bent or the attaching ears on the frame horns. What caused his original one to be bent or out of alignment?

I would also not just do a full return of money either and explain that it was a no guarantee or return policy but you will work with him and return either $350 or $325. Makes it easier to sell at lesser price and still have your $400.

I think he had the new one his buddy ordered and it came in. So he was obligated to the friend or the new one could not be returned.

OP
OP
Westside Offroad Group

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you have any other interest in the bumper? If you did, I'd contact them, tell them you still have it and try to get it sold. Then get the bumper back from the original guy and give him his money back. That is, if you're feeling nice. You don't have to do anything but if you want to help the guy out and think this is going to affect him more than you, I might be inclined to help him out.

I really had no interest in the thing since I've taken it off. This guy offered me $400 for just the bumper (my ad was for $700 for bumper and skid plate and honestly, I was tired of hearing my gf bitch about there being a bumper in my breakfast nook/living room) and I just took it to get it out.

This seems like a good idea. I'll see if he's up for it next time he calls.

This would be my first step also. That way you will see if he is on the up and up. If he brings it back over and you install and it looks fine then done deal. No refund or no returns.
He should have called you and taken pictures to show how it didn't fit in the first place.
Besides, what shims was he installing to make it line up. I'm pretty confused on that one. There are no shims that I'm aware of. The frame horns would have to be bent or the attaching ears on the frame horns. What caused his original one to be bent or out of alignment?

I would also not just do a full return of money either and explain that it was a no guarantee or return policy but you will work with him and return either $350 or $325. Makes it easier to sell at lesser price and still have your $400.

I think he had the new one his buddy ordered and it came in. So he was obligated to the friend or the new one could not be returned.

This is what I'm thinking. I seriously doubt Ford had an epic manufacturing defect that went by unnoticed on this bumper. I went through 200+ DSLR pictures I have of my front end with the stock bumper installed, and it sat absolutely perfectly, including the day I pulled it off.

I think I'm gonna ask him for pictures of it installed, including behind the bumper to see his "shims."