Smashed driver seat... Anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my truck has 2000 miles on it and you can already tell the bolsters are flattening out and the leather is wrinkling (i'm not fat, btw). It happened on my 2010 as well and I ended up having the seat foam replaced although that was its own adventure because the leather never fit right again. anyway...it's common.

mine had wrinkles in them virtually from day 1. even on the passenger side where hardly anyone has ridden. guess everything ive read about the seats being crap is true.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine had wrinkles in them virtually from day 1. even on the passenger side where hardly anyone has ridden. guess everything ive read about the seats being crap is true.

Here we go again. Everything that doesn't last or isn't perfect is now "crap."

Any of you guys ever have leather seats before?

IMO, the seats in the Raptor are awesome.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a wilson lether coat by the way will sell it for $500 obo

Approved...GLWS

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Nope...just leather pants...:eek:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score

Seats are awesome. Leather is shit, Dan. I thought you had driven BMW's? Seats in my 5 series were 10 times thicker leather than the Raptor's.

OP
OP
grantoser

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it could be a warranty fix. If it's in warranty still, take it in. The worst they can say is no. You don't have to tell them the previous owner was Wally the Hippo. Just tell them something seems wrong and you want it fixed.
If they don't fix it, take it to a good upholsterer. They know stuff you don't on how to repair that kind of thing.
Look under the seat and see if the bars or any items are bent or broken.
Mil T

Thanks guys... Lots of great input. Ill stop in at ford and see if I can get a warranty fix. It'd be tough letting an upholstery shop screw with it... I'd have to find someone who knew what they were doing.

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

And to the guy upset about people trying to get everything covered under warranty... A warranty is part of what we're buying when we drop $50,000 on a vehicle. Interesting that you pay for the service and get upset about people using it... To each his own tho

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seats are awesome. Leather is shit, Dan. I thought you had driven BMW's? Seats in my 5 series were 10 times thicker leather than the Raptor's.

thats what i meant. the seats are as comfortable as anything ive ever sat in. i was just hoping the leather would look brand new for longer than a month and a half. :jawdrop: