Shes going in for the following.... what else should they look at?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck has a short list of things wrong thats all started happening in the last 2 weeks...

1. Radio screen has gone black. Audio still works. Hard reset does nothing.
2. Loud screech sound from speakers when turning truck off.
3. The tail-gate applique has started to come off of the tail-gate.
4. Theres a rotating grinding type thing going on at the driver front wheel while coming to a stop 50% of the time applying brakes.
5. The Ford chime works 50% of the time when door is open.
6. Hood flutters going over 80mph or if theres a strong head wind.
7. The dreaded clunking sound coming from the rear.
8. Drivers seat bottom is loose.

Anybody have anything to recommend they look at/do while its in there?

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck has a short list of things wrong thats all started happening in the last 2 weeks...

4. Theres a rotating grinding type thing going on at the driver front wheel while coming to a stop 50% of the time applying brakes.

I don't have anything to add, but please let us know what they say about the black radio screen. My '23 had been doing that intermittently as well, I think it has to be the latest Apple update (hopefully you're iPhone as well so we can isolate this a little?)

Good luck,

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have anything to add, but please let us know what they say about the black radio screen. My '23 had been doing that intermittently as well, I think it has to be the latest Apple update (hopefully you're iPhone as well so we can isolate this a little?)

Good luck,
I hear you. But... how would a phone issue casue the truck screen to go black and not come back on? It ****** me off.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have them check the battery. At 3k miles my 2022 was checked and had low voltage (still started and ran fine). Had some random electrical issues (kind of like the ones you describe). Replaced the battery under warranty and have not had any issues since. I think some of these trucks sat for a long time and the batteries are no bueno.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Let me know what you find out on number 4. I've had the same issue for a long while. I have taken it to two different dealers and of course when they have it, they don't hear it or it doesn't do it. Pretty sure it is an IWE issue though. I need to get mine back it since it has gotten worse as of late. It doesn't happen all the time though which is why I avoid taking it in. Feels like I am wasting my time.

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me know what you find out on number 4. I've had the same issue for a long while. I have taken it to two different dealers and of course when they have it, they don't hear it or it doesn't do it. Pretty sure it is an IWE issue though. I need to get mine back it since it has gotten worse as of late. It doesn't happen all the time though which is why I avoid taking it in. Feels like I am wasting my time.
Thats what I feel. It wont do it while its there. Well see.

T4RNewbie

Reaction score

Man, I have a 23 that I picked up in September that I'm compiling a list of issues...

1) AC freezes up when humid and at freeway speeds
2) Half the time the tail gate will not lower (remote or button) or latch when doing "auto lift"
3) Hissing from the power on board battery area (or rear speakers) when seat coolers are turned on.
4) Loud popping over speakers when turning the truck off.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Maybe ask them about a M/T tire that looks cool and doesn’t make noise? :p