Service brake system message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor with 92k that I bought back in July. I keep having the brake light pop up just shortly after driving a couple miles. And it likes to start to over heat when on the highway with light weight in the bed. And it rattling upon start up it needs cam Phasers. But how long will it last rattling upon start up? It started rattling about 20k miles ago. Thanks to everyone

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor with 92k that I bought back in July. I keep having the brake light pop up just shortly after driving a couple miles. And it likes to start to over heat when on the highway with light weight in the bed. And it rattling upon start up it needs cam Phasers. But how long will it last rattling upon start up? It started rattling about 20k miles ago. Thanks to everyone
What have you checked so far regarding the brakes and overheating?

Rattling upon startup will continue for as long as you own the truck if you don't have the phasers repaired.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Sorry for the very late reply. So I've had the Cam Phasers replaced including everything under the cover, and water pump. Truck runs great now. When i got the truck back the service brake system message went away for 2 days and now it has started popping back up again. is there a sensor that could be causing the brake light to come on?

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
The problem with pulling the code on it is every time I turn the vehicle off it resets the code and no DTCs are present, Ill try to pull the code while its still running and see what it says. The service brake system warring only happen when i drive for about 20 miles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter