scum dealers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my other brands (excerpt Porsche) require only MSRP sales and if dealers break it they pull the franchise. However they also require 1 year right of first refusal for new buyers of the brand. Crazy to think ford is getting bigger adm/profit that exotics

Attachments

• IMG_0659.jpeg
    IMG_0659.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 26

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Car salesmen, and pretty much any salesmen in general are worthless human beings with no real skills other than being a quasi con man. No sympathy. I hope Ford corporate puts them all but out of business...

recohn

Reaction score
It's a two edged sword, I get it where the dealer thinks he'll only get a certain amount of Raptor product, whether it be a standard Raptor or Raptor R based on their allocation in their F150 truck allocation (separate Ford allocation) based on their turn and earn % in that certain month / yearly, ideally the dealer wants to sell every truck in the same month they get invoiced and take delivery of for "retail sale"

It works like that in most new car manufacturers, along with their C.S.I. surveys that every customer should get after buying a new car, lately C.S.I. drives the automotive industry, from dealer ownership, to management and even trickles down to salespersons / client advisors with cash incentives to extra pool cars that dealers can earn based on high C.S.I. scores based in their region, as well as their national rankings in new car sales. The narrative has changed these days, with the combination of sales, service and their parts department are now a combined score that they use as a matrix to come up with their total score.

I live this every day. New cars dealers with "hot" product(s) like Porsche, the full size Range Rover and the Raptor / Raptor R that are limited in production, dealers do ask for MSRP + plus, but now that production has ramped up, and the standard line of: "VENDOR SUPPLY" shortages as their #1 sales tool for getting over MSRP is basically over these days. Where this two edged sword comes in: you take care of your local / (potential) repeat customer and your service department will benefit from leaving this Raptor or Raptor R in your demographic area for service, word spreads fast among this small community of this specialty vehicles, along with all this social media and forums like: FordRaptorForum.com

But if your going to lose this vehicle to another city or small town and you'll probably never hear or see from this customer again, plus the fact you'll have a very limited supply of these vehicles for the whole model year, like a Raptor with a "37" Package or a Raptor R, then I really can't blame a dealer for going "all in" when it comes to "MARKET PRICING" it's capitalism at its finest. It's a tough call at the end of the day.

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to change the subject but the same is happening in the Corvette community but worse. I have had 7 Corvettes over the years my current is a 17 Z06 2LZ trim. Paid 82K for it in 17 brand new. Now dealers are marking up the new C8Z06 to over $200K plus for the car despicable sum bags no GM product is worth that kind of change the new Z is not in the same league as the Ford GT. I want a Raptor R I refuse to pay the ridicules ADM I will wait it out. As far as my Vettes I'm done with the brand I will just drive my C7Z until the wheels fall off.

Last edited:

recohn

Reaction score
I get it, when you see Rick Hendrick @ an auction that is televised, like the Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale Arizona and you see him bidding for the cameras and for his vast social media platform with everything "Chevrolet" in his NASCAR racing portfolio (and for his life's work it seems) along with him rubbing shoulders with celebrities and Chevrolet execs, you get the impression if he is bidding on new Corvettes that are running through the auction, and yes, some are for charity, the automotive communities mindset, whether consciously or unconsciously is saying to oneself: If Rick Hendrick can bid and purchase these vehicles at stupid prices with the hierarchy of Chevrolet standing right by his side, it sends a message around the globe, that it's O.K. to artificially and with "maybe" intention raise the bar of Corvette pricing, so all your Chevrolet dealers follow suit and use the selling tool: If Rick Hendrick (a Chevrolet Corvette new car dealer) is paying these kind of prices for these limited production Corvettes, so why shouldn't we charge an A.D.M. (added dealer mark up) or slap a $50K - $100K addendum sticker on the window next M.S.R.P. (manufacturer's suggested retail pricing). B.T.W. Ford GT is in another galaxy compared to the Corvette, your preaching to choir young man. Lol.

StangGT5

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it, when you see Rick Hendrick @ an auction that is televised, like the Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale Arizona and you see him bidding for the cameras and for his vast social media platform with everything "Chevrolet" in his NASCAR racing portfolio (and for his life's work it seems) along with him rubbing shoulders with celebrities and Chevrolet execs, you get the impression if he is bidding on new Corvettes that are running through the auction, and yes, some are for charity, the automotive communities mindset, whether consciously or unconsciously is saying to oneself: If Rick Hendrick can bid and purchase these vehicles at stupid prices with the hierarchy of Chevrolet standing right by his side, it sends a message around the globe, that it's O.K. to artificially and with "maybe" intention raise the bar of Corvette pricing, so all your Chevrolet dealers follow suit and use the selling tool: If Rick Hendrick (a Chevrolet Corvette new car dealer) is paying these kind of prices for these limited production Corvettes, so why shouldn't we charge an A.D.M. (added dealer mark up) or slap a $50K - $100K addendum sticker on the window next M.S.R.P. (manufacturer's suggested retail pricing). B.T.W. Ford GT is in another galaxy compared to the Corvette, your preaching to choir young man. Lol.
I have been a car guy for a long time, having grown up in European car shops. Cars have always been a big part of my life, and I genuine enjoy them. Most of my best friends are guys I met from highschool-on based on a shared interest in cars. The AMD and crazy inflation I have seen over the last few years has definitely taken some joy out of it. I think there are just a lot of people who ran out of things to buy to make themselves cool and they got into cars. Plenty of people lived in draconian lock down states or were scared to go anywhere so they started buying cars and here we are.

All that rant is to say, ADM is probably here to stay because it's like toothpaste coming out of the tube; you can't put it back. I'd say we're in it for at least the next year or so until demand and supply even out on the cool cars.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ADMs are definitely coming down. I had a 2022 Porsche 911 turbo s cabriolet I bought new for MSRP. Once I got the Taycan turbo S for 5% under sticker I decided to sell it . In the 6 months ADMs have skyrocketed as Porsche could not get parts (from Ukraine) and the turbos were getting 50-75k ADMs everywhere. GT3 were fetching over 100 all day. Porsche figured out their supply Chain and now we are back to 0-10 on the turbos and gt3 are at around 20. I just got offered a 2024 turbo GT for sticker. Same is true in Lamborghini world. 100k Adm were the norm 9 months ago and we are seeing 5-10 and in some cases 0. I’ve got an order in for a urus performante at 0.

The raptor R is a bit of a unicorn because ford is just getting supply chain stuff sorted and allocations remain very hard to acquire. At this point all 23s are spoken for so what we are seeing is people backing out and dealers trying to get their last pound of flesh(I’ve been offered 4 in the last week around the US)

I’ve got my 2024 order locked in writing for a VERY small ADM (I’ve never paid one) and I’m betting by the time the car arrives ADMs may be gone and my streak will live on.

OP
OP
R

robl3577

Reaction score
I think there are just a lot of people who ran out of things to buy to make themselves cool and they got into cars. Plenty of people lived in draconian lock down states or were scared to go anywhere so they started buying cars and here we are.

All that rant is to
And boats and campers and jet skis and 4 wheelers and everything else... Covid money...