Saw the new Raptor and Bronco being tested (No pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very true and I own a SCAB loving the body style myself. That said, I am guessing it makes up about 5-10% of the yearly orders and being a specific configuration only available in our trucks, it makes sense on why it may be discontinued.

I think if Ford looks at the market(which it does)and how many they sell, and is anyone else still producing a “Scab” style full size truck to sell. Unfortunately the scabs days were numbered.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice video but that drop off is crazy!! Way past my comfort zone.....

Ive been on this trail so often that it no longer bothers me, that said... this squeeze was past my comfort zone. The two vehicles were clearly either mew to off roading or to this trail, they had pulled into a much better spot a couple hundred yards to let a vehicle by but pulled out and continued up the trail before letting us pass. would’ve made the pass far less butt clenching. Anytime I’m there I have my passenger look ahead and tell me if there’s traffic coming, while I focus on keeping us on the road. Once traffic is spotted I look for a safe spot to pull into.

OP
OP
Lilla Kharn

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive been on this trail so often that it no longer bothers me, that said... this squeeze was past my comfort zone. The two vehicles were clearly either mew to off roading or to this trail, they had pulled into a much better spot a couple hundred yards to let a vehicle by but pulled out and continued up the trail before letting us pass. would’ve made the pass far less butt clenching. Anytime I’m there I have my passenger look ahead and tell me if there’s traffic coming, while I focus on keeping us on the road. Once traffic is spotted I look for a safe spot to pull into.

I was behind border patrol and they were almost throwing their wheels off the cliff to pass people. As in their outside tires weren’t on the mountain anymore. They made me super nervous.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if Ford looks at the market(which it does)and how many they sell, and is anyone else still producing a “Scab” style full size truck to sell. Unfortunately the scabs days were numbered.
Plenty of SCAB trucks still being made. The issue is that Ford had a specific shorter frame for the raptor. All the other SCABs out there uses the same wheelbase but the shorter cab gives you a longer bed. The Ford Raptor was the only SCAB out there with the 5.5’ bed. The regular F150 SCAB with a 6.5’ bed has plenty of value and a good bit of market share.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plenty of SCAB trucks still being made. The issue is that Ford had a specific shorter frame for the raptor. All the other SCABs out there uses the same wheelbase but the shorter cab gives you a longer bed. The Ford Raptor was the only SCAB out there with the 5.5’ bed. The regular F150 SCAB with a 6.5’ bed has plenty of value and a good bit of market share.

A Raptor SCAB with a 6.5' bed and a 36 gallon gas tank would get my attention, for sure.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Raptor SCAB with a 6.5' bed and a 36 gallon gas tank would get my attention, for sure.
Not me. If I’m driving one as long as a bus I’m getting the one where my dog can lay on the floor while the kids are in the seats. I like the short wheelbase. It just looks sportier and unique.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not me. If I’m driving one as long as a bus I’m getting the one where my dog can lay on the floor while the kids are in the seats. I like the short wheelbase. It just looks sportier and unique.

I get that. The SCAB is going to be higher performance, too, but I can't live without range and cargo volume.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that. The SCAB is going to be higher performance, too, but I can't live without range and cargo volume.
Different strokes and all. That’s why I’m glad they make two versions

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Maybe it will re emerge in the Gen3.

JPat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I came from a mustang with a 15g+/- tank, so the SCAB tank is a nice upgrade in range for me.