RPG Texas Raptor Run 2014: On Topic Only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

91 is the highest you'll find around. I plan on bringing race fuel mix it up to 93. Octane boosters are pretty much useless.

It wouldn't hurt to pick up a couple of these. Scribner Plastics 2000R : Scribner Plastics 5 Gallon Utility Jug - Red Cant beat $20.00
And this to dump it in Scribner Plastics 5225 : Scribner Plastics 18" Filler Hose

I actually purchased a couple of NATO metal 20L jerry cans and a battery operated hand pump (not sure how well that is going to work, will test it before TRR). It probably is crap but could use it for my mower and get something different.
http://www.terapump.net/TRHD05-2D-Battery-Operated-Pump-p/terlqd004.htm

Cans were rather expensive but look cool and rugged. I don't need the highest octane gas, I was merely wanting to know if gas for sale will be onsite or do we have to travel to get it?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I was reading on the other thread that there "might" be a gas tanker at TRR. Has that been confirmed? And if so, Do they take credit cards? I figured price per gallon will be at a premium rate, like a Marina (understandable), but is it crazy overpriced from how it has been in previous years? And if not, then does everyone just run to Bronte? Hope that the only gas station is prepared with enough gas for Raptor guzzlers that weekend.

TRR has never had a gas truck. We tried to make it work last year and it just didn't pan out. Bronte is 10 miles away and it's a big gas station. The ranch manager usually gives them a heads up about the event.

Think about this though. Lap is 43 miles. Average participant does 4 laps. 172 miles. Conservatively figure 6 mpg (it will be closer to 8). 29 gal of gas. For the weekend. Still gives the screw guys enough to get back to bronte or sweetwater if they filled up before they came out. And I don't know an scab guy who doesn't carry a 5er (if they don't. Then they should).

If anyone gets in a bind, I can give em a splash to make it to town too.

D

Deleted member 12951

I was not planning on purchasing an off-road GPS, probably won't get much use. Will there be any maps handed out that a co-pilot could use to help navigate or is it marked so well that we don't need no stickin' maps?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I was not planning on purchasing an off-road GPS, probably won't get much use. Will there be any maps handed out that a co-pilot could use to help navigate or is it marked so well that we don't need no stickin' maps?

The course is very well marked and is very much burned in from prior events and races. Maps are not required.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe trey will have maps for people he had them last year. But like kaiser said the course is marked with bright yellow signs with arrows so you can't get lost! I think you'll be fine with just a map

richardhead84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a radio? I remember reading somewhere awhile back about you guys having radios for events like this. Is it recommended and if so what kind.