Ride height and SD Nationals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As always Jarrett is already working on something similar to the one I posted. This stryker allows you to use the factory bumpstop as it would be used with the stock spring. It is important to have it because without it the springs can squat to far when offroad. To much up travel will be the result without the bumpstop stryker

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stock Springs and stock bump stop overall height

2012-12-24_08-22-36_312.jpg
2012-12-24_08-22-46_214.jpg

Standard Duty Nationals overall height
2012-12-24_08-25-18_821.jpg

So I'm missing an 1 1/4 in rear ride height from stock.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks CQBBR good info for pepole considering Deavers.
I have been looking at the forums about springs for two years and it seems I'm the only one complaining about leveling out the truck a little.
I'm pretty good with change (at least so I think) I don't know why this bothers me, maybe I need more time to get used to the look and feel.

Your not the only one. I too don't like the rear sitting down. With out any weight in my bed, the truck sits fairly level. But with any weight, it's down to much for me. When I got my Standard Nationals, the stock ride height was not an option, so I was down 1.5" from stock. I'm actually changing the rear springs after Christmas to what RPG had now, which matches the rear stock ride height. For me, that should be 1.5" taller in the rear.

I'll take measurements before and after and let you know.

Yukon Joe

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Understood, maybe that's why Jarrett wanted to me to call him could have been a miscommunication as to what I wanted,
but I think it was National Spring that got it wrong. I only received the springs three weeks ago.

What did you do for a bump stop 012BLUESVT?

Last edited:

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
there are 2 different springs standard springs that RPG sells. Up until a few months ago they were - 1 3/4 from stock hieght and now they are stock height. You have the regular standard spring not the stock height thats why it is lower. Speak to Jarrett

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will do Dave, Thanks!!!

All I had to do was look at your mods. LOL
Nice Blue, how do those new shocks feel is it a big difference?

Last edited:

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a few sets of the standard stock height springs at the shop if you end up swapping them out- Jarrett and I can work with you to sort it out if thats what you end up doing. I also have the bumpstop plates if you need them. Let me know

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I can work with you and Jarrett if that's easier, I could drive over and do the swap if that's what Jarrett wants to do.

I tried your link but seems to be a problem I wanted to see how far you are from me.
You may want to check the link.

I have a problem veiwing your website but I got in, yhea you are about an 1 1/2 away from me, I could do something like that.

Last edited: