Review: Bed Rug Bedcover with Tailgate Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to call John, or Galpin Ford... if either can get me below $700, I am so there! Thanks all.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm flattered that all you guys have/are copying me! :mrgreen: I "invented" the Bakflip & Bedrug combination :rmgreen: (don't listen to Jason - he doesn't have a Bakflip :D )

You'll be very happy with the combination - they are very functional and they look great.

copycat.jpg

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't speak to the bedrug, but the fit and look of the Bakflip HD can't be beat in my book. It is clean, light, easy to fold and flush to the truck, with no added locks.... perfect. I had a folding top on my Sport Trac, loved the look, but the two way fold sucked... but I did like the secure feeling and being able to put stuff back there under cover. I am hoping to get a deal on the Bakflip HD and will more than likely got with a standard bed mat as I really do not haul anything loose like dirt or rock, or anything that may damage the sidewalls. Thanks for all the input... I think we should look into getting some sort of group buy for any products with big interest!

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well not sure what the deal was, but either we are talking a different part or Galpin does not want to help. I just called them and for the Bakflip HD, they are asking $1100???? Stating since I was calling and several guys got them there, they normally charge $1400?? I told them something has to be wrong as direct from Bakflip they are $850 and I seen one site (not ordered yet) that has them for $765, and that guys here are claiming in the $600-700 range... he told me no way! SOOOO not sure what the beef is, but I doubt Galpin is going to drop that far down. I even gave the guy the part number 35309. So, can someone confirm the cover they got at Galpin is the HD and not the cheaper model? Argg... :)

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm flattered that all you guys have/are copying me! :mrgreen: I "invented" the Bakflip & Bedrug combination :rmgreen: (don't listen to Jason - he doesn't have a Bakflip :D )

You'll be very happy with the combination - they are very functional and they look great.

I must admit... you were where I got the inspiration!

Falcon

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well not sure what the deal was, but either we are talking a different part or Galpin does not want to help. I just called them and for the Bakflip HD, they are asking $1100???? Stating since I was calling and several guys got them there, they normally charge $1400?? I told them something has to be wrong as direct from Bakflip they are $850 and I seen one site (not ordered yet) that has them for $765, and that guys here are claiming in the $600-700 range... he told me no way! SOOOO not sure what the beef is, but I doubt Galpin is going to drop that far down. I even gave the guy the part number 35309. So, can someone confirm the cover they got at Galpin is the HD and not the cheaper model? Argg... :)

Dan, please give Mark a call as he has the contact info (name & #) at Galpin and he has some more details.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so after a ton of calls and contacts (thanks guys) I narrowed my search to the Bakflip F1 instead of the HD and found a reseller with a great price. This guy also sells the Bedrug Mat... and after looking at them here, I have a really stupid question... I was going to just go with a plain old Ford Bed Mat, but these bedrugs look pretty cool and protect the entire bed... but HOW DO YOU INSTALL THEM? I mean, are they rigid and just pop in, or do you glue or screw or whartever? I have not seen any video on how they go in, so I hate to assume!

OBXRAPTOR

Reaction score
lots and lots and lots of velcro...it aint going anywhere- trust me..had one on open Toy tacoma for 6 years. now have covered by the F1..follow instructions and clean with ispopropyl alcohol and its stuck forever.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is a lot of velco LOL... so I seen there is an option to just buy the Mat? That would be cool and can be had for about $150. No sides and I assume would be nice to have. I do have issue with the extender having to be messed with due to the thickness... So many options... but I am trying to see what I really need and why. I rarely ever haul anyting that hits the side, like dirt or rock or stuff. I had a spray-on in the FX4 but it came that way, and I did not care for it for my use as it provided no real cushion for what I haul. I had a rubber bed mat in the sport trac and that was nice as i could pull it out and wach it off, and it helped keep things from shifting around while still protecting the bed. I am thinking the OEM rubber mat is a good place to start, with little overkill or cost for things I may never really use. Thiinking I am better off with the mat and spending the extra coin on an upgrade to the F1 from the HD Bakflip!!!!!! Dang it.. dont even have my truck yet and spending money!