How many have gone the SDI Top Hat route to level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fkim119

Reaction score
I would love to see some pictures and any other call outs if you've done suspension bits to level it out!

Was the ride really not affected by the addition of the SDI ?

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
IMG_2205.jpegHey there! The ride quality is not effected by the SDI top hats as they use a unique combination of pre-load and spacer to minimize any change to the ride quality of the shocks. Heres a customers 2024 that just installed top hats he got from us with no suspension change in the rear.

We dont have stock but do have orders getting processed within just a few weeks for SDI top hats and id be happy to get you a set as well, just PM me.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I
View attachment 454219Hey there! The ride quality is not effected by the SDI top hats as they use a unique combination of pre-load and spacer to minimize any change to the ride quality of the shocks. Heres a customers 2024 that just installed top hats he got from us with no suspension change in the rear.

We dont have stock but do have orders getting processed within just a few weeks for SDI top hats and id be happy to get you a set as well, just PM me.
I talked to the guy that owns that truck and was surprised it came out level with no mods to the rear. My 23R only has 3/4” rake but sounds like my rear sits lower stock than his did. I think he picked up about 1.75” up front he said.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I

I talked to the guy that owns that truck and was surprised it came out level with no mods to the rear. My 23R only has 3/4” rake but sounds like my rear sits lower stock than his did. I think he picked up about 1.75” up front he said.
Yeah I think we’re still planning a rear set up for him cause hes planning on putting weight in the bed. The SDI top hats really do a great job with the R and its one of my favorite ways to level the front

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I think we’re still planning a rear set up for him cause hes planning on putting weight in the bed. The SDI top hats really do a great job with the R and its one of my favorite ways to level the front
I agree, I’ve ridden in trucks with them and have a new set in my garage ready to go on, just trying to figure out what to expect for ride height and what to do with the rear. I recently saw Hyperco is coming out with a 1” rear spring which sounds nice.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree, I’ve ridden in trucks with them and have a new set in my garage ready to go on, just trying to figure out what to expect for ride height and what to do with the rear. I recently saw Hyperco is coming out with a 1” rear spring which sounds nice.
We’re a new Hyperco dealer as well and currently have stock on their fronts and their rears are in development.

foreignracer

Reaction score
If you just need to level, SDI is the way to go. The lead time is a couple of months for sure. I waited almost two and still didn't have them. Went Eibach from Apollo Optics. Those guys are awesome.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you just need to level, SDI is the way to go. The lead time is a couple of months for sure. I waited almost two and still didn't have them. Went Eibach from Apollo Optics. Those guys are awesome.
Glad to help out!

We do actively have Eibachs in stock same day shipping including the R specific springs.