Review: Bed Rug Bedcover with Tailgate Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good stuff guys (sorry for being late to the party, but it sounds like you've got your questions answered?)

I'm a huge fan of the BedRug. 8k miles, two camping trips, tons of hauling oily dirty smelly cruddy crap around, and two 5 gal water spills later (doh), it still looks and functions as brand new. And I didn't realize how much crawling around in the bed of a truck I do, until I noticed that my knees no longer hurt after getting out of the Raptor. The BedRug makes moving around in there sooooo nice.

As for the cover... I was all about the BakFlip, till I saw the FoldACover. I LOVE having access to the stuff up against the cab, without needing to fold up the cover. The FoldACover has a door that flips up back there (as well as in the front) that makes life very easy.

BUT having said that, I'm a really tall guy who can reach over the sidewall into the bed and get stuff off the bedfloor without having to climb in. So having access to that floor from the side of the truck is a real benefit for me. Shorter folks... probably not so much.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The more I read this thread, the more I like the idea of the bedrug over a spray in liner.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am totally sold Ray... and just listening to you talk about getting in the bed and crawling around makes my knees hurt <G>. Interesting input on the Foldacover Jason.

Falcon

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the fold a cover is sort of like the OEM one I had on the Sport Trac, one lifted from the front and one from the rear, however it was a pain in you needed to use the whole bed as it had to be removed. It also has keys that I do not want to deal with, and the way it folds just doesn't work for me. However they all have good and bad points... Everyone just needs to make a list and factor all in.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Hey guys, for any accessories call John at SPEEDLINER in Tulsa OK, tell him Tim sent you from the SVYoffroad forum. He can drop ship you products, tell him the best price you have seen, He will be honest with you,and if he can he will meet or beat the price.
John 918 664 6700.

What type of products (esp bed covers) does he carry?

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks nice! looks like you can sprawl out in the back and toss down a sleeping bag! the hell with a tent lol

CaptSpike

Reaction score
OK I don't have a Raptor but I did just pick up an F150 and need a bed liner. Problem: I slide a Jon boat in the back of my old truck that had a plastic liner. I used a bed mat when I didn't have the boat in the back, so stuff didn't slide around.truck. I am worried now if I get a spray in or bedrug I will have difficulty sliding the jon boat into the back of the truck easily. Can anyone shed any light on how much force the bedrug will apply to a fully loaded jon boat when it needs to slide into the bed of the truck? It slide great on the old plastic liner. I was hoping not to have to use a plastic to get the easy install of the boat into the bed. With the rubber bed mat you'd bust a nut trying to push the boat to the front of the bed. I was wondering how the bed rug and spray in's would perform when sliding in the boat.

I had heard nothing but good about the bedrug but I don't know how easily my boat would slide in.
Thanks for any help, insight you can give me.

Spike

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Spike!

Anyhow, I don't know about a bedrug but I would think a spray in bed liner wouldn't be an issue. I also know you have it done so the spray liner is hard or soft rubbery. So you can probably have it done in a manor that is easier for hauling your Jon boat.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I don't have a Raptor but I did just pick up an F150 and need a bed liner. Problem: I slide a Jon boat in the back of my old truck that had a plastic liner. I used a bed mat when I didn't have the boat in the back, so stuff didn't slide around.truck. I am worried now if I get a spray in or bedrug I will have difficulty sliding the jon boat into the back of the truck easily. Can anyone shed any light on how much force the bedrug will apply to a fully loaded jon boat when it needs to slide into the bed of the truck? It slide great on the old plastic liner. I was hoping not to have to use a plastic to get the easy install of the boat into the bed. With the rubber bed mat you'd bust a nut trying to push the boat to the front of the bed. I was wondering how the bed rug and spray in's would perform when sliding in the boat.

I had heard nothing but good about the bedrug but I don't know how easily my boat would slide in.
Thanks for any help, insight you can give me.

Spike

Seems to me the only real option is a bed liner, plastic on plastic will make it glide better. My .02

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its a boat you're loading, right? Why not just throw a bit of water on the rug? That'll make it slicker than snot and get the job done just fine.

And even so, when dry its not the most grippy thing (like rubber) in the world. Think astroturf...

I don't think you have any problem at all, dry or wet.