Reverse perch, am i the first?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont do much offloading and when I do, I never get over 50 so Im considering the ready lift billet spacer and going back down to bottom perch. I know its a big no no on here but I may try it

I'm on bottom perch with a spacer and I love the combo of a great ride and level look.

2013 Raptor2.jpg

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the wsi hd in back and now that they are broken in i like them , a bit stiff but they got rid of that annoying studder and boat towing is a breeze. I did the mid and alignment , 550 bucks gone. Im not sure yet , for sure not a must do imo. Ill give it some time and decide.

Last edited:

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will post up later what I found and did. For teaser, I stayed on mid perch and still get the more "couch" feel back and more...... and NOPE not spacers..... AND HEEEEERRRRRRE'S PUPPY!!!!!!
129_0912_08_z+2010_ford_f150_svt_raptor+shocks_wire_clip.jpg
OK, this is not rocket science... See the cutaway view.(haven't see that before huh?) When you move to mid or top perch, you change the piston location in relationship to the bypass hole(hole in center of the shock body) at ride height.
Front bypass stock.jpg
Scale=YES pardon the crude drawings and not to scale.
bypass mod.jpg
Now I wanted to still utilize by pass, but as you can see I did a progressive (position) sensitive approach. So as I progress through to the bump zone I close off more and more holes, therefore having a the couch feel on the street and a progressive increasing hydraulic bypass.
Thanks for your patience.
**** Disclaimer***
I have done FOX shocks for 30+ years so am very familiar and comfortable with the dynamics and use programs for valving aid.
Do not attempt, professional driver, closed course, subject to change, price and availability, your mileage may vary, call a doctor if you have an ******** for longer than 4 hours, if you have thoughts of suicide discontinue reading this thread!!!

LOL
OSP:ROFLJest:

Front bypass stock.jpg

bypass mod.jpg

Last edited:

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If not mid perch. What would be a correct way of getting it level "the right way" with suspension mods. Name a kit or known best setup of aftermarket options. I have been searching and will admit it is all very confusing to me. What I must absolutely have is good street manners and drivability. Hope this is not a "bad" question to ask in any way.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did fronts and rears as staggered, but picked up a deal on some 3.0's for the rear, so I am tuning on these, and yes, I have had them appart and documented shim stacks for Comp and Reb. I have also translated the data from the piston port diamensions, free bleed, comp and reb and have set up base lines in the valve stack program, so I can make changes and see differances before removal and revalve.

FYI, I do like my truck to have the rise and dive of accel and braking!!!! Then I know she is complying.
Also, due to the many spring/blocks and such, you need to "FIRST" know what position your piston is at ride hight and work out from there, not everyone can use the same setups with wildly varying variables!!!!
OSP out....
Feel free to PM if you want to go offline or email. No trade secrets in this camp.... I will teach you what you know, but not all what I know.... LOL

Last edited:

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
uh oh. I am supposesd to go in on Monday AM to get the mid perch done...I bought a set of +18mm Methods and Toyo MTs in 317/70/18 and need to do mid perch to get them to fit (I think)...now I am hesitant based on all the feedback in this thread...all (most) of the other threads were all praising the mid perch, its must do, etc...hmmm...

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
uh oh. I am supposesd to go in on Monday AM to get the mid perch done...I bought a set of +18mm Methods and Toyo MTs in 317/70/18 and need to do mid perch to get them to fit (I think)...now I am hesitant based on all the feedback in this thread...all (most) of the other threads were all praising the mid perch, its must do, etc...hmmm...

There's very few things where you'll get unanimous agreement. You have to weigh the comments and make your decision, and then live with the consequences.

Don't worry. It's only money....