Reverse perch, am i the first?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point about sway bar. I did not disconnect. On the street I want it. If I did a lot of off road and rock crawling I would defiantly try it.

BDRAG

I could not agree more ! In my case get get sudden urges to take right turns into the ditch and beyond ....

Good to see a post from you BDRAG !

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Good to see a post from you BDRAG !

Well I have been pretty busy dealing with my 87 year old dad. He had back surgery last October and its been a REAL up hill battle to get him back with us on this planet. Sold his house and car, have had him in and out of hospitals and rehabs since Nov 13. Right now we have him in a groove at a near by Assisted Living place that's kick ass and they like dad so he gets the attention one needs in a place like that.

So if we can get him in a week to week routine and keep his ass out of the hospitals with bladder infections, we will be doing good and I can then harass all of you more like the old days. AHhaaaaa.

BDRAG

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Best wishes for his good health.

Thank's.

He is a tough old bird, Ret CSM. Like 37 years in Army and National Guard. WWII in the Philippines. Only problem is he does not feel pain. Well he has had so much of it his whole life its normal and he don't tell us when something is wrong. He just soaks it up.

We bought him a Winchester M1 Garand like he had in boot camp and had it completely refurbished for his 70 Birthday. He took it, looked at it, pulled back the bolt, Stuffed his thumbs edge in the receiver allowing the bolt to slam home as he yanked his thumb and hand away, dropped the gun to his side and started that boot camp routine of banging the but down, shouldering the rifle and so on. HAhaaaa. It was a hoot. Way cool.

BDRAG

DieselD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is a scab and sway bar connected just like bdrag. I do not have any interest in disconnecting it as I see alot of on road miles as well. without a sway bar not sure how comfortable I would be taking a freeway transition at 90mph! Even if the sway bar took care of all the other problems it still does not address the loss in down travel that the shock is able to provide

I think alot of the concern comes down to how in tune you are with the truck. I have done a couple mid perches for guys that never even notice the change in ride just overall height.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I think alot of the concern comes down to how in tune you are with the truck.

I agree 100% with that statement for sure. My butt can tell what's happening. I can feel all kinds of rights and wrongs. I ride motorcycles hard and its the same thing, you know when it ain't right. On a bike you better know or stop riding. In the truck its just a matter of dealing with it or not, change it.

BDRAG

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
" Originally Posted by DieselD View Post"

""I think alot of the concern comes down to how in tune you are with the truck.""

Driving in the freaking shit packed Dallas traffic I had another thought on my way home. Maybe a better way to say how I feel about the subjects discussed in this thread.

What ever I am driving be it my wife's C6, My Triumph Explorer 1200, my Raptor, even the POS Chevy 2500 work truck, WHAT EVER I DRIVE.

I WANT TO BE IN CONTROL OF THE VEHICLE! I WANT THE VEHICLE TO RESPOND TO ME AND WHAT I DO. I WANT THE ABILITY TO BE AS ONE WITH THE VEHICLE! PREDICT EXACTLY WHAT ITS GOING TO DO EVERY TIME!

I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO GUESS OR REACT TO THE WAY THE VEHICLE IS RESPONDING TO ROAD CONDITIONS OR TERRIAN. I AM DRIVING, I AM THE DRIVER! I AM NOT ALONG FOR THE RIDE! I DO NOT WANT TO GUESS WHAT THE BUMP IS GOING TO DO! I DO NOT WANT THAT RUT TO SLAM ME SIDE WAYS. I DO NOT WANT TO GET THE STEERING FULL LOCK LEFT OR RIGHT WHILE GOING STRAIGHT AND HAVE THE TRUCK WHIP INTO A RIGHT TURN CLYDE MANUVER AGAINST MY WILL!

THE OEM SET UP GIVES ME THAT. I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT ITS GOING TO DO AND ITS LIMITS AS A STOCK RAPTOR. I LIKE THAT!

There, I feel better now. Sorry my caps lock was on. I am to lazy to go type all that again! HAhaaaa.

BDRAG

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I completed my mid perch reversal yesterday. What I've noticed is that now the front and rear suspension work in unison which is especially noticeable on the rebound. The truck is plain easier to drive and maneuver. I do miss the height and looks of mid perch but I'll roll stock until a better solution comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a better solution out. It's called Geiser brothers front coilover springs. (see thread had progressive springs made)

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a better solution out. It's called Geiser brothers front coilover springs. (see thread had progressive springs made)

I saw that thread, my truck is a '13 so I'm a little concerned with the CV angles. Even on bottom perch with the Geiser Bros spring the trucks are sitting about a 1" higher than mid. Time will tell if it's "ok" but I don't want to worry about the reliability of my 4x4 more than I already do when I'm in the boonies and need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk