Retrofitting Torsen diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know more - but I was sworn to secrecy!!!

But what I can tell you is there should be an aluminum Front Diff Cover... Hummm Why?

Because of heat dissipation.. The Torsen T2 generates heat, not as much as a T2R. That was one of the reasons they went with T2. Plus zero preload/clutches like the T2R to calm down the on road manners of the 2012 Raptor torsen front end (heard something about broken cv and half shafts).
And something about a computer/abs/traction control program changes to passively activate the brake of a spinning tire to increase torque of other wheel. (like the old humvees with t1 differentials where you would lightly press the brake to go forward)

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He doesnt know anything except how to photograph half nekid asian women.

Last edited:

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aluminum Front Diff Cover for 2012 - The Answer...

Okay guys - just playing with you... Actually watching Sunday Night Football - The Aluminum front diff cover is to cut down on the noise. The Torsen front end makes a lot more noise (Obviously) than an open diff. From what I was told it was bothersome driving down the highway in four wheel drive - like in snow. The steal cover resonated the noise and the aluminum cover masked it a bit better.

Sure it will help keep the oil a few degrees cooler but that is NOT why they went to the expense of the Aluminum Cover.

BTW, thank you for the photography comments!

Now my Asian wife is going to have to shoot you all...

9061.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Oh and he has that cool spring compressor :waytogo:

I didn't forget about you...

Tomorrow I should have the supplier for that Spring Compressor. I'm revalving my front shocks for the 5th time tomorrow. Getting better and better each time. Then I will have to go back to the desert and beat up my Raptor again to test the new valving - work work work...